Re: Who Is The Best Lightsaber Master?

kriea was a sith, she would be biased in her views, and as all sith do, they believe they are th most powerful and that jedi are weaker, and practice weakness..

i agree the era in the ancient days had far better warriors with skills lost to the ages

but these warriors were jedi and sith

and maybe there were even better more pwerful warriors before the definition of these religions

but IMHO there were Jedi in the ancient eras whose skills with a lightsaber surpassed the best of the sith in the same early era

as for the list of warriors you listed, I believe Yoda to be unmatched with the lightsaber

but as another mentioned, lightsaber skill alone does not govern the outcome of battles between force users.

the sith anger is a powerful tool indeed

but it doesnt lead so far where saber meets saber

all the anger in the universe is not going to improve your saber technique, though it may give you more powerful uses of dangerous dark force powers

blade to blade - yoda wins

Darth Windu,Mar 19 2006, 12:17 AM wrote:

Yojimbo,Mar 18 2006, 08:08 PM wrote:

Out of the list, it was probaly Mace Windu. His lightsaber was purple to symbolize his mastery of the lightsaber.

yes thats what im talking about

second in line, after yoda, would be ObiWan Kenobi, he defeated Darh Vader, and there is no way vader could have defeated him saber to saber

though in vaders arrogance he thought his saber skills were so great he didnt use much force powers

as vader grew in strength perhaps he could have defeated Obiwan, but really, force powers and all, I think he could not..

Annekin Skywalker also told his wife that Obiwan was as wise as master yoda and as powerful as master Windu

Obiwan saber technique was best, IMHO Obiwan Kenobi was the greatest Jedi after Yoda

i believe Obiwan could also have defeated Revan

because Obiwan has an almost child-like innocence on his side, and his carefree and fun-loving nature put him in a perfect position to absorb everything

he has to be the most humble of all of the jedi, feels he has the most to learn, and so he is always learning and always adapting

Yoda also has the same personality giving him the eternal youthfulness of his personality

that alone gives them the ability to defeat the most powerful of sith lords in saber combat, Sith lack that level of humility and are swelled up in their view of themselves and their power and their abilities

the fact that they feel they are so powerful and so much better than the Jedi and superior to them in everyway is the reason they are not as powerful as ObiWan or Yoda

of course the same arrogance and swelled up opinions of themselves were shared with the Jedi Coucil of Revans Era and thus the fall of the Jedi Order

but Yoda was supreme master of light and saber

and Obiwan was right about there as well B)

I think Darth Sion was the best saber master.

Anyway, we cannot say who is the best when we didn't saw them in battle against each other.

Attack on ground where your enemy believes you will not, from an unexpected direction at an unexpected time. Defend where your enemy believes you are not, and when he believes you will run. Surprise is the key to victory, and speed is the key to surprise. For the soldier, speed is life.

Qui suis-je?

i bet revan would kill (literally kill) sion

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3416/renegadeprincejpg.jpg

I bet Bastila would defeat them both , only if she strips her clothes off.

Attack on ground where your enemy believes you will not, from an unexpected direction at an unexpected time. Defend where your enemy believes you are not, and when he believes you will run. Surprise is the key to victory, and speed is the key to surprise. For the soldier, speed is life.

Qui suis-je?

yeah because they will be drooling all over her. they'll probably fight each other to go out with her.

yeap

Qui suis-je?

Mace Windu bases his lightsaber skills Form 7 (I think) on a creature know as Vaapad, a lightling fast creature with a unmatched combat ability. Yoda used Ataru form a aggressive acrobatic form that enabled the user to maximise one's defense whilst at the same time balacing one's offense. And also Obi-Wan defeated Grevious who took on 2 Jedi masters and a variety of Jedi Knights at a time and slaughterd them all, I once read some where that he (Grevious) could strike 24 cuts per second.

A fool and his ammo is soon parted

I once read some where that he (Grevious) could strike 24 cuts per second.

What did you think? Grievous is a Droid, after all. Anyway, what happens when any Jedi or Sith uses Force Speed?

Qui suis-je?

so windu uses the juyo form, yoda uses ataru and obi wan uses the shien form.

And I use Shi-cho form  tongue  lol

Qui suis-je?

i like to use the makashi form. excellent against jedi.

Nice one...

Qui suis-je?

yeah... tongue

Too bad you cannot perform Kata in Kotor... The fights would be more interesting...

Qui suis-je?

unless i'm completely in the dark here, i've never heard of Kata.

Have you eve played Jedi Knight Jedi Academy?

Qui suis-je?

Prince of the light side,Oct 28 2007, 02:28 PM wrote:

so windu uses the juyo form, yoda uses ataru and obi wan uses the shien form.

Obi-Wan actually uses the Soresu form(most often anyway).

A fool and his ammo is soon parted

Those are all forms used by Japanese Samurai...

Qui suis-je?

George Kwei - The Silver Knight,Oct 29 2007, 01:15 PM wrote:

Have you eve played Jedi Knight Jedi Academy?

no i haven't. sorry