Re: The Dark Unknown (rpg) Sign Up

"We're limited on space because we're bringing an additional three people back." Shab reminds them. "Okay, someone find Lilithen a suit, you're piloting unless you need me to take over in which case shout. Xam I want you running comm, and I'll set up a link from the bike to this console." Shab decides, going into full business mode and getting up from her seat.

"What should we do?" Nei asks as Shab walks past them.

"We need turrets and defences." Shab replies as if it were obvious before continuing on to their loading bay to make her quick modifications to the swoop-bike.

Hobby writer, here's my sci-fi;
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36579/endeavour

Sorry for the wait, work getting all in the way.
————————
————————
“That’s what we’re here for,” Craytillo is heard on the comms 

“The Turrets are manned right now, the defenses could use a little work,” Kraven admits.

“No more one debating, it seems, we need to send whoever is going now, before we miss the opportunity. I feel Lillithen should go.” Nitsua announces.

To be one with the force, you must be one with yourself.

(Ditto, but just all of life not just work, when did things get so hectic?)

==========

Shab resisted rolling her eyes, hadn't she just said that? "I've got a link between our systems and the bike, she's all yours Lilithen."

Xam had already claimed a seat where she could run communication properly. "Everyone else find a seat and a job, if we're going to pull this off we need discipline."

"Then someone should join me in the commons, then we can be ready for damage control." Astra decided.

"You know much about engineering?" Shab asked.

"Not as much as some, but I had my own ship for many years, I know enough to keep her running." Astra explained, and the other considered that good enough. "Nei, you go with Lilithen, you can defend her so she can focus on driving, and one extra body will not prevent you from bring all the others back if you take the trailer."

Nei nodded, and hurried to follow Lilithen to the cargo bay to find her own enviro-suit.

"Okay, let us know when the swoop is ready, and we'll close in to drop you off." Shab stated.

As people were getting into position, a single shot is heard from the ship.

“That wasn’t suppose to happen,” Lysander is heard from the comms.

After waiting a second for someone to clarify Xam gets tired of waiting. "What wasn't supposed to happen?" She asked.

As if answering the question, the ship starts getting pelted with fire from the Sith ship.

“You’re lucky I’m not gonna space you,” Kraven poignantly explained.

The ship starts to get bombarded.

Shab thought they'd be lucky if none of them were spaced by the end of this. "I can jam their targeting sensors long enough to drop the swoop off." She confirmed.

"And after that?" Nei asked.

"After that our esteemed pilot here has to pull off a world of gymnastics in this tinpot so we don't get blown to pieces." Shab explained, then turned to Kraven. "Why is it that everywhere I go with you, we get shot at?" She asked.

“I was doing just fine before you lot came aboard. Honestly, thought these days of saying to death were behind me,” Kraven glances at Nitsua.

“Just remember, you agreed to be my pilot,” the Jedi was already expecting to be dragged into it.

Lillithen gets on the Swoop Bike, “Now or never!”

Last edited by Taustin17 (2018-08-10 00:39:50)

"Hey, it's her fault I'm here. I didn't think I'd see you again, let alone go on another mission with you." Shab retorted, indicating to Xam, who looked innocent.

Nei sealed the cargo bay before she opened the bay door, rushing onto the swoop bike to fix herself down before the vacuum took over. They reported in that they were ready to drop once they were given the signal.

Shab hacked into the Sith ship's computer as Kraven brought them in close enough for the swoop to make it into the docking bay. "Sensors are offline. Go." Xam confirmed as everything clicked into place. "Who's working on our guns?"

The brief foray through space on a swoop was more than disorientating, but the feel of gravity again once they zoomed through the forcefield into the docking bay was enough to bring them back. As Lilithen picked a course Nei took advantage of the fact that she was tied on to the bike to stand and use the Force to sweep anyone who thought to shoot at them back and off their feet. Lightsabre at her belt ready in case she needed it to deflect enemy fire, hoping she wouldn't because of her proximity to Lilithen.