Re: The Dark Unknown (rpg) Sign Up

The filter on her enviro-suit garbled Shab's wry laugh at that. "Putting it mildly." She agreed. "Should I ask what you did to incur that amount of wrath?" She asked, turning to look at Kraven. "Or if there's going to be more?"

==

Nei sighed as she stood up. "For now there's nothing more I can do but keep them comfortable." She admitted. "I don't know what happened to Lilithen, but all I can do for Astra is give her a Force anchor to help her find her way back. Unless you know better, it's something she has to fight herself."

==

Fraya observed the deck of the ship she'd found her way onto. Upon seeing the destruction of the docks she'd sincerely doubted her ability to get back without dying. Instead she'd "convinced" one of the short range shuttle pilots to draw close enough for her to get aboard and take her back up to the lead cruiser. She did like how weak-willed the minions were, it made it easy to make them do as she wanted.

Unlike Astra, but she'd managed to implant a call for help in her mind, which at least gave her a cover story when they met back up. Though it hadn't been easy.

Hobby writer, here's my sci-fi;
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36579/endeavour

Nitsua rushes to the cockpit, “We left Fraya,” in his meditation he replayed the events and ultimately forgot about her in the excitement and the pain.

The pilot turns to Nitsua, “Alright, we’ll head back soon, the ship needs a rest it’s been through a lot recently, more than you know, the atmospheric pressure points have been exhausted, we haven’t even installed or repaired what we received from Nar Shadaa.”

“She is strong with the force, and I remembered Astra called out her name before collapsing.” The Jedi recalled. He whips back and heads off to Nei and Sara.

Once he’s leaves, Kraven looks to Shab, “It kinda was a random encounter, he is after someone.”

To be one with the force, you must be one with yourself.

"The droid, or your friend there?" Shab asked. She paused and checked on the instruments. "It'll take us a few days to get to Dantooine, the ship should hold till then..." She added, though even the filter couldn't hide the fact she was clearly unsure about that.

“The droid, he is talking about the other female Jedi, the one who came with the one who is currently in pain,” Kraven notices the slight uncertainty, “We should be fine, this part of the galaxy is a bit more relaxed than where we’ve been at.” After a little diagnosis test, the ship seems to be relatively fine for now, with all things considered, “That droid caused a hell of a mess, all because he is looking for someone, I thought maybe Nitsua, because of their stand-off, but I’m not sure.”

Shab leant back in her chair as she thinks, resisting the urge to put her feet up on the console in front of her. "He was asking you about a fight you were in on Junkka, and the people who left before we did. Something about business between him and his master..." She sighed as she paused. "Should've tried to download its memory core."

He gazes out, “I’m just glad we won’t have to deal with it anymore.” Kraven now just tries to relax while they head to Dantooine. “I haven’t heard a peep from Shkala or Kric in a while.”
——————
Nitsua trying to help Astra, “Any good news?” He steps to her and sits beside her, he starts to heal her, seeing if that might help the situation at all.

“Things aren’t looking great, but not awful, she seems to be in pain and a little tormented,” Sara Jane responds with a little concern on her face.
———————
Lillithen rolls over, the in-take at the cantina still having its hold on her.
———————
“So you think this is a good idea?” Craytillo questions Lysander.

“What other option do we have? It’s not like they’re in a bad spot,” the human retorts.

After adventuring the ship and being entranced by the colors, Arlen returns to his friends. He greets them, “This place is pretty l, I like it here,” strictly referring to the lights and sounds, as the ship is still in need of repairs.

Last edited by Taustin17 (2018-04-05 09:03:05)

"They've been tracking your new friends." Shab explained. "Hopefully they were able to follow them back. Otherwise that droid might have a new target." She realised Kraven was looking at her. "You really think it's dead? With our luck?"

=====

Nei rests a hand on Lilithen's head. "I think I can rebalance the Force within her." She admitted. "But I'm not sure, I'm still not what exactly has knocked her off kilter." She went even quieter than normal as she focused on finding the cause.

Kraven sighs, “I guess not, was trying to be optimistic, which I usually am not, I have a question, do you think being around these Jedi can change a person?” He turns to space and waits a response, a little asteroid field ahead.
———————————
Lillithen awakens and yawns deeply, “Ugh I feel awful, well at least you all look like how I feel.”

“What happened to you?” Nitsua questions.

“Just drank too much, it happens,” Lillithen looks around and noticed Astra, “What’s wrong with her?”
———————
———————
Tamos walks the ruins of Coruscant with Nelsin and members of the New Republic. “So they’re all dead,” Tamos mumbles, “What a way to go.”

“Good riddance.” Nelsin spits on the crumbles.

"My father used to say there is no luck, only the force." Shab replied with a shrug. "And all experience changes people, as do friends. The closer you are to either the more effect it has."

=====

Nei frowns, alcohol would have been an easy thing to fix, and Xam had a similar frown on her face as she didn't see how Lilithen could have been that affected by what she'd drunk. "Did someone try to poison you?" The assassin asked.

Astra had finally managed to align her thoughts again, at least allowing her to relax, though it had exhausted her so now that she'd finished her mental fight she slipped into sleep.

==========

"This is the thing that's finally going to get us killed!" Shkala hissed as she started hacking the console of the ship they'd stowed away on.

"C'mon, aren't you at least a little curious as to why she got on this ship?" Kric asked, he was keeping look out.

"I think that it's none of our business." Shkala admitted. On their attempt to get back to the ship when all hell broke loose on Nar Shaddaa they'd spotted Fraya. Originally they'd gone to try and help her too, but then they'd spotted her find her way onto one of the sith ships.

Lillithen stands and shakes her head no. She leaves the room, trying to escape revealing the truth. Having had too much to drink mixed with a run in with an unknown individual and them giving her a drink for free, she rather would like to forget everything that happened.

Nitsua notices Astra, “Hey is she better?” asking the healer.
—————————
Kraven tries to comm the two after thinking about the force and whether or not luck can play apart, “Hello, Kric? Answer back, where are you?”

Last edited by Taustin17 (2018-05-23 23:12:31)

Nei moves to Astra this time, easily sensing the fact that her mental turmoil has subsided, then nods. "She's just tired." She explained. "In fact, we could all do with rest." She adds, knowing that she doesn't have the energy to spare to imbue Astra with. She can't remember the last time they were able to rest without worrying.

==========

Shkala and Kric look up as they hear their comm. Years ago Kric had managed to find a pair of implants that would sit in their ears and ensure communication that only they could hear between them. Shkala had hacked the new comm system to work with them.

"You might've been right about this getting us killed..." Kric muttered.

"I'm always right." Shkala joked.

"We had to take another ride out." Kric explained. "We followed Fraya, Shkala's working her magic now."

==========

Shab sat up straight again. "Fraya?" She asked. "Is she okay? Astra's pretty worried about her." She holds up a hand to stop Kraven from cutting in in confusion.

==========

"Think so, she walked on as if nothing unusual was happening." Kric replied.

"I got it." Shkala replied as she got into the systems. "Do you want tactical plans, coordinates or vid feeds?"

Kraven waits for the hand to drop before answering, “Vid and coordinates, plans can wait, I know I don’t have to tell you but be safe. We are heading to Dantooine, so if you get a chance, that’s where we are heading.” He looks to Shab, “Something doesn’t sit well with me about this.”
——————————
“I think rest could suit us all,” Nitsua interjects, “We should.”

“I’m way ahead of you.” Sara Jane said as she laid back and closed her eyes, probably having gone through the most, it’s best she gets rest on her own terms.

Just as Shkala finished sending the coordinates and had set up the vid feed she'd found Fraya on, Kric ducked sharply to avoid being seen by a security guard.

Shkala followed his lead and ducked behind the console she was using, and locked it as she heard the first guard 'trip' over Kric's sword. She scooted to the side of the console to see what was happening.

The first guard was no problem, leaving two left, one who was duelling with Kric and looked about to promptly lose. Shkala took aim at the third, before he could interfere, causing two stunned guards to turn to the console they hadn't realised anyone was near. The one she'd shot fell instantly, and Kric quickly dispatched the other with the distraction. "Safe might just have gone out the airlock." Shkala explained.

Coruscant is free from Jedi occupation and Tamos is standing where they used to run the place. Feeling a reluctant joy from finally returning to the place he felt they shown him no respect for his numerous actions that followed their rules and received nothing for his troubles. He now leaves, satisfied. Nelsin follows him down to the streets.
——————————
Kraven hits the comm, “So instead of make things better, let’s do the opposite and give ourselves away?” He looks a little annoyed and worried.

Last edited by Taustin17 (2018-04-13 15:35:31)

"Somehow I doubt they did that on purpose." Shab corrected, opening the incoming message Shkala had sent. "We've got the coordinates. Do we have another scrap left in this thing before we dock?"

=====

"We took care of the guards who found us, but someone's gonna find them soon." Shkala explained as she quickly checked none of them were about to wake up on them.

"Cue a lock-down." Kric followed up. "We can hide it out till we dock, or we can try and retrieve Fraya beforehand."

"But we need to decide now." Shkala added firmly.

=====

"Hide." Shab decided. "I'll start working on what repairs we can do without docking." She paused as she found the energy to push herself out of her chair. "Unless you've got a better idea?"

“This is never going to end, huh?” Kraven questions. He looks determined. “We have to get them,” he looks back and allows his voice to echo throughout the ship, “We’re not done yet, gotta do a rescue mission, so if you need rest get it now. Now I will say this, I better get paid in all the credits we come across.”

Nitsua is visibly exhausted, but if a person were to ask him, he easily convince an individual that he could continue until all the stars die. He looks at the others who are either trying to rest up for what’s ahead or are preparing for an assault on whatever they will face.

Sara Jane keeps her eyes shut, trying to erase the information Kraven yelled out. She never signed up for this, and is uncertain whether to keep going or give up and isolate herself into exile among the ship until she can get dropped off ok the nearest planet.

Lilithen is trying to hide from everyone still, not wanting to show weakness. She knows she was poisoned during their tenure on Nar Shardaa, but doesn’t want anyone believe she is not capable of keeping herself or others safe.

"Oi, I'm the one doing all of these repairs!" Shab shouted back. "You can have everyone else's creds, but not mine."

==

Astra came too not long after, looking around the room, it was quiet, the kind of quiet that precedes a storm. Then she realised she had a splitting headache and pressed a hand to her head. Nitsua noticed and she nodded as she put a wave of Force healing through her head to sort it and asked for an update, which he gave.

==

Nei sat down next to Sara Jane, knowing enough about what the girl must be thinking at this stage in the proceedings. Knowing what it's like for the universe to want you to walk a path you didn't sight up for. "I can make it easy for you to sleep if you want." She offered.

==

Xam easily found Lilithen, she was used to working in the shadows, weighing the woman up as she watched her hiding. "You know, losing one fight doesn't mean you're a bad fighter. However, not learning from it does." Xam started softly, naturally entering her usual persuasive state, the trusting friend persona, and sitting down opposite Lilithen. "If you were drugged, we might be able to find out what it is if it's still in your system..." She suggested. "It might let us figure out who got to you."

==

Kric and Shkala found themselves in the air circulation system to enable them to find a storage compartment they could wait it out in. Until everything hit the fan.

“I’m not asking for yours, I’m asking for any we come across,” Kraven retorts back. “They better give us coordinates soon, and after we successfully rescue them and Fraya, I say we head to Dantooine and repair, rest, and recover from our travel and maybe get a damn understanding on what’s going on.”

Lillithen looks at Xan questionably, “Probably just a spacer trying to get a girl into the Hutt Slave trade. I know a nice guy routine when I see it, by the way. I thank you for checking on me, but I don’t think I ever asked to be checked on. I have, am, and will be alright.” She does her best to deflect any weakness off. “A simple mistake, that won’t happen again.” She straightens up and stares down her would be therapist.

Sara Jane looks at Nei in a way that shows she just wants rest. Agreeing to be whisked away into sleep. Having spent all her energy and health during their planet hoping, she is ready to finally sleep on her own accord.

Nitsua understands that Astra is capable of keeping herself going, but feels as though there is something more going on and tries to give her a little extra to keep her going, “Let’s meditate, if you would allow me, I can try to heal that wound a little more, I’m not in the best shape, but I can lend a hand if you would allow it.”
——————
On Coruscant

Tamos looks impressed, “The work you and your people are doing down here is great, I never in my wildest dreams would have believed that they are all gone from this planet...”

“Most,” Nelsin interrupts, “There are stragglers, wanderers, and hold-outs still about, but no problem to us, a bounty has been set and I expect to be handing out rewards by tomorrow evening.”

“That’s good, do you mind if I stay around and see who gets dragged up?” Tamos asks with a little excitement and curiousity.

“Oh yeah, you’ll get to be right up close and personal with them.” As the last word leaves his mouth, the former Jedi Master gets knocked unconscious by a few of Nelsin’s guards. “All force sensitives and users have bounties on them, you however, will serve a greater purpose. The Sith aren’t welcomed here either.”

Last edited by Taustin17 (2018-05-23 00:25:12)

"They already sent the coordinates." Shab replied off-handly. "Repairs first."

-----

Xam shrugs. "Act tough all you like, but if there's one thing I've learnt - and I say this as someone who usually works alone - is that when people act unnecessarily tough, it's because they're hiding something that will ruin them eventually." She paused. "And if everyone else is lucky, just yourself." She added before leaving her to her moping.

-----

Astra crosses her legs as she sits down on the floor of the common room. "It's not a wound." She replied. "Fraya forced her way into my mind to give me a message." She explained. "She gave me a vision of her being taken by Sith." Astra sighed. "I think it was a faked memory." She admitted unhappily.

-----

Nei leaves Sara Jane in one of the dormitory rooms and returns to the common room to find Astra and Nitsua talking, and pauses in the doorway.

=====

"I think it's time I paid Panella a visit." Fraya decided, and she easily had the command crew persuaded and a course plotted. Then she paused as she felt a murmur through the Force. "I think we might need to review our security protocols."

=====

"Okay, that's everything we can fix outside of a dock." Shab decided.

Kraven gets a small grin, “We don’t need a dock,” then proceeds to put the ship into hyperspeed.

As Xam walks off, Lillithen close to anger, stops and just decides to bottle her feelings up and heads to more discreet part of the ship.

“The wound is in the force, I can feel it. So why do you think she did what she did? I think we will be able to ask her soon.” Nitsua tells her, trying to be as comforting as possible.

“So apparently we are going to be saving a couple of their allies.” Arlen speaks softly to the others.
“Maybe we can take the loot from the corpses,” suggests Craytillo.
“Or take the ship once they have what they need,” Lysander proposes.
——————————
Aboard the Executioner

“I feel we can rest for a bit, conquering every world we come across tires me,” Kyreel informs his companions. “And, we have new crew members from the summit. Why don’t you all get comfortable with each other while I go rest.” He says while walking away, showing that they have no choice in the matter.

The original crew of the Executioner look at their new shipmates. Brutas, non-force sensitive Sith sniper; Britton, a young man who has some ties to the mob scene across the galaxy; and Danden, a mercenary who has made a mistake in what ship to take off Junkka.

Mandalore and Meia take interest in Danden. Benlen starts to strike up a conversation with Brutas about their respective kill counts. Britton is pestered by the droid until he just walks off to find his living quarters.
————
“I understand, but we need more if we want to succeed,” Kyreel tells Manipulus, after receiving the whispers of the ancient man Kyreel stops and stares at a wall in a trance-like state.
—————
Back on Coruscant

Security: “This is way I’m with the people on Coruscant, the Jedi need to be brought to justi...”

The Security Guard is stopped as a droid arm has pierced through his body. “Query: Does this bring you pain, meatbag?”

Civilian: “What did you d...”

“Agitated statement: No more questions.” Zeta puts it hand over the civilians mouth, “Find me a ship meat bag, my speech has come back. Find us a ship.” It yells out.

Last edited by Taustin17 (2018-05-24 02:24:26)