Re: The Dark Unknown (rpg) Sign Up

Lillithen and Xam wandered around awhile before Lillithen looked down the corridor and found a solution, “Wanna find a cantina, get some drinks and some intel?”
—————
“When I was younger, my brother was really protective and he would deal with people who treated me wrong”, Sara deep in thought, “however, one thing he never knew is that I didn’t need him to fight my battles, there were times he wasn’t there and my defense is offense. I handled a bit of problems myself, they never even saw it coming, while in their mind trying decide how and where to attack, I'd make them friends with the ground.”

Nitsua tightens up a bit, because he knows that there is anger inside of her and what that anger could manifest itself into.
——————
“Well, well, what do we have here? I haven’t seen you before, must not be from this sector. Hey Saff, you got a thing behind you”, the man tells the shop keeper.

The owner turns around and discovers Kric hacking and goes towards him. Just as his back turns, a Rodian and Twi’lek turn the corner and the man grabs everything on the counter and passes it to his allies. “Bye, cutie.” The Three guts run off and the owner turns to find Shkala standing there by all the missing merchandise and he calls out for guards and patrollers.
—————
—————
Name: Arlen Fantow
Alliance: The Three Travelers
Weapon(s): Blaster pistol and stun baton
Appearence: Basic green skin, his natural rodian lineage makes him pretty much like his species, however he has a scar going across his face, making it the only real distinct feature.
Background: For awhile the The Three Travelers have been causing a muck on Nar Shadaa, not really dangerous or threatening, they just cause annoyance to anyone who crosses paths with them, but some say that their outward appearance has a more complex inner plan.
History: Arlen and his friends decided one day that their talents together make them a valuable asset to anyone who will pay them. Arlen sees his opportunity in the group by being the strongest and best physically equipped for situations, he has a high pain threshold that he uses to his advantage by being beaten up and wearing his opponents down so he can finish the fight off.
Species: Rodian
Ship (if they have one): N/A
Class: “Brute” Bodyguard (He’s just the strongest of the three)

Name: Lysander Moon
Weapon(s): S-402 Nova Rifle, a few Thermal Detonators, and A-20 Assault Staff.
Appearence: Blonde, with slicked-back hair, this hazel eyed young adult is able to convince people that he is attractive and athletic, by mutating his body with shadows and body language, he is relatively attractive and isn’t a twig, but he is able to provide slight enhancements when in person, a strong jaw line accents his slim face, with piercing eyes that allows people to not read what he is seeing.
Background: For awhile the The Three Travelers have been causing a muck on Nar Shadaa, not really dangerous or threatening, they just cause annoyance to anyone who crosses paths with them, but some say that their outward appearance has a more complex inner plan.
History: At an early age, he met his two friends and was able to talk them into tricking a warehouse worker into leaving a few doors open so they can come in and “remove” some overstocked merchandise. The rest is now a tale on Nar Shadaa of how three kids became some crafty nuisances.
Species: Human
Class: “Looks” Conman

Name: Craytillo Urmbreck
Weapon(s): Vibrorapier and a Vibroknife
Appearence: The blue skinned man stands at a height of 6’0” and has a ruggid outward appearance as if he never slept and had an expression that he created to fool people into a false sense of security, so he could steal from a person, or learn their secrets.
History: Gifted with his intellect and problem-solving abilities, he is useful to the Three Travelers by knowing how to use most of the computers on Nar Shadaa and a keen sense of danger or safety and has gotten them out of numerous situations the other two members put upon them.
Species: Twi’lek
Class: “Brain” Smuggler

To be one with the force, you must be one with yourself.

"Sure." Xam agreed. "Just, please don't try any of that Jedi crap and fix people here. The more fights we can avoid the better."

Xam calmly looks around at their choices, and then points as she picks one.

==

Astra places a hand on Nitsua's shoulder, silently reassuring him that they'll work on the anger when they continue her meditations. But the girl needs a break from mental discipline. "So no offensive weapons?" After all, they had an expert in weaponless force-sensitive fighting in the corner.

==

Before the clerk can do or say anything Shkala quickly sends him to sleep. "Better put full credit down and put down Shab's name to collect." She decides quickly.

Kric briefly regards her before nodding and doing as she says. "They're more interesting?"

"Oh, yeah." Shkala agrees.

The moment the payment has processed they give chase, as Shkala sent a message to Shab to let them know they'd sourced the parts, they just needed collecting.

Hobby writer, here's my sci-fi;
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36579/endeavour

“I’ll have you know, I am no Jedi, not any more,” Lillithen goes to the bouncer and whispers into his ear, the guy let’s both in. “But, I will do whatever I want to with the force.”
————————
“Alright, while this happens I’m gonna go and check on my ship. I’ll be back soon once I know the damage.” As he walks out he sees Kraven and Shab near a hole that is completely through the hull.
————————
Sara Jane shifts eyes at Astra then Nei, “so what are we going to do?”
————————
The Three run down an alley and accidentally hit two wookies and they start to chase the thiefs.

"I thought the Force used people, not the other way around?" Xam checked quietly, looking around to figure out the type of clientèle they had stumbled upon as they headed towards the bar.

==

Shab frowned in her enviro suit as she read her comm. "What are those two up to?" She muttered to herself. "We have most of our parts, but apparently they need collecting." She sighed. "Guess I better go and deal with that." She added, standing up.

==

"Nei?" Astra asks, and Nei looks up as if realising for the first time that anything else is going on in the room. "Perhaps you would like to show Sara Jane how you fight?"

Nei looked between them as she stood up. "I guess we can go through some drills, add in the Force skills later..." She suggested. "Do you know sparring rules?" She asked, looking Sara Jane.

==

Kric tugged on Shkala to slow her down, let the wookies stay ahead of them, but keep them in sight.

Lillithen shrugged off the comment and surveyed the cantina, she found a place to relax for a moment before receiving intel. “Hey, over there”, she points towards an open spot, “I feel we need some drinks to cool the nerves after everything these past few days, I don’t know what happened to your group, but I could use a few.”
—————————
“I do not know how to properly spar, my only fighting experience before all of this, was on my home planet, and that was when I was younger. Fast learner though, so lay them on me”, Sara then stands up and looks at Nei.
—————————
“Want me to go with her?” Kraven asked Nitsua.

“Don’t look at me, ask her. We have this place secured, but it’s always good to have you on board just in case.”

Kraven rotates towards Shab, “Need a hand?”
—————————
As the they run from the collective of Wookiee’s, the people they sold out, and the guards who caught them knocking out the shop keeper, a split decision is made and the three are able to split in different directions.

Last edited by Taustin17 (2017-10-22 12:44:24)

Xam considers her last few days, and somehow despite the mess they've navigated through, it was no more or less dangerous than her usual life. And as a bar is a bar, it didn't take her long to have ordered them drinks and acquired a data-pad to scroll through on the pretence of checking bounties but really surreptitiously using it to check the wider goings on in the galaxy.

==

"Well the main rule is to not actually hurt your training partner, other than that anything goes." Nei explained. "So we can either teach you some basics and see how quickly you pick them up, or try a spar and see what you already know."

==

"Sure, why not?" Shab replied as she headed towards the store that Kric had said the stuff was waiting for collection. They arrived to find a very confused looking shop keeper, as she ticked off what Kric and Shkala had bought with what they needed.

==

Shkala didn't even need to order Kric to split, they'd lose one, but if they kept up with two of them between them then they'd probably find the rest eventually.

As Xam scrolled through, Lillithen used this time to calm her nerves, under the pretense that she was scoping out potential informants, she hasn’t had time to accept that before she left Coruscant she let down her promise to always protect, inside she is barely handling it.
———
Sara accept the second offer, she tries to appear as if she is ready to take on anyone.
———
“Should we even try to see where they went?” Kraven asks Shab.
———
Each member had taken a different group or person with them. The human has the Wookiee’s behind him and another person, he can’t make them out. The Rodian is followed by the guards. Lastly, the Twi’lek has just a single person following them, he is able to make out a little bit of what the person looks like from reflections.

Xam passed Lillithen a drink. "Drink." She stated simply. "It shouldn't take Shab long to fix the ship, then at least we get away from this hell-hole." She paused. "Ah crap." She muttered looking at the data-pad.

==

Nei decides to start her slow, not using force powers for now, getting her into the feel of sparring, light hits, time enough to fall without hurting. As Sara Jane started to relax into it Nei started to slowly up her game, faster hits, more feints.

==

"Depends, do you want a fixed ship for when we find out what trouble they've managed to get themselves into?" Shab asked.

Lillithen downs her drink before asking what the problem was.
———
Sara learns to pick up on her opponents movements, her hand-eye coordination is remarkable, but she is sloppy in her technique.
———
“Good point, what else is there for us to find?” Kraven asks.

"My experience with war is limited, but I want to say the usual." Xam decided. "At least attacking the most common hyper-space trade routes during a war seems like a tactical ploy, for better or worse. The problem is where the most frequent attacks are." She added, passing Lilithen the data-pad, unsure if the woman knew her trade routes, or even that Korriban existed.

==

"The most important thing is a new bulkhead." Shab replied. "Naturally they'd start with the least important things first. Though, having said that, we can mitigate the hole with force-fields." She paused. "I know a merchant two floors up that sells hull-plates and pieces."

==

Fraya finished her drink and moved to one of the communication booths, and quickly sent a short, concise message - detailing her last few days.

Last edited by Lilitia (2017-10-26 12:58:01)

“Oh”, a shocked expression had stuck on Lillithen’s face. She knew of Korriban, but had since forgotten about it’s existence seeing as she never ventured there. “So what does this all mean?”
————
“I hope that means cheaper prices, right now our group is 0-1 for a shopping impressions”, Kraven points as he sees Kric chasing down some thing.
————
“So what do you have to say about my form?” Sara asks.
————
The Rodian and Twi’lek are able to cross paths and the people following them collide with each other. The human can’t seem to escape his pursuers.
————
————
Kyreel assembles his people and they leave the planet, “Alright, so the Jedi Council has been destroyed, Manaan has been sieged, we have a spy with a group of Coruscant survivors and smugglers, Penalla has given marching orders, and we are now on our way to Iridonia.”
———
Tamos and Dacrott have been assigned to go to Coruscant now that the republic has driven the Jedi off world and are now able to be infiltrated.

“We’re going back?” Dacrott asks Penalla.

“Yes, do you have a problem with this?” She responds.

After a bit of back and forth, Dacrott is moved to a different assignment, on Nar Shaddaa.

Last edited by Taustin17 (2017-10-26 14:48:36)

"I can only speculate." Xam admitted. "But best guess is that the Sith have set up shop on Korriban, and anyone being on that place is never good." She frowned as she continued to scour some of her electronic back channels. "And Manaan seems to have gone quiet." She sighed, and opened a comm channel. "Shab, how are those repairs coming?"

==

"That depends if he holds a grudge as well as you." Shab retorted as they started their journey towards the merchant. They were halfway there when their comms beeped as Xam radioed them. "Slower than I'd like, but we've made decent progress."

==

Shkala shakes herself off and hops to her feet again. "Kric I lost my guy, you still got yours?"

"Yeah, home in on my comm." Kric replied. "You remember how to do that, right?"

Shkala glared as she started running again, calling Kric names under her breath.

==

"Considering you have no formal training, it's actually quite good." Astra replied. "But you need to remember to keep your cover up when you have no weapons. And to keep moving, don't wait for your opponent to come to you otherwise they have you on the back foot, not the other way around. And it allows you to turn to see all of your surroundings as you go."

"I don't suppose we can break for a bit? It'd be good to get some food." Nei asked. She had nothing to add as she agreed fully with Astra, but she could sense that Sara Jane was tired, and if she were honest she was too.

“We need to tell others about what’s happening”, Lillithen tells Xam.
————
The comms hit again, but for Kraven, “Hey while you’re out, can pick up some food for everyone, they just took a break from training and I’ll assume you’re hungry as well”, Nitsua calls.
————
The three, like clock work are able to meet back up, and they try to shake the Wookiee’s and the unknown chaser, whom they guess is one of the people they framed.

"Yes, and we need a working ship before we can do anything." Xam corrected.

==

"What have you two done?" Shab asks, as Kraven stops outside a different store to grab supplies on their way up to find hull plating.

==

Shkala catches up with Kric. "I think we need to chase smarter. They wearing any tech you can hack?"

==

"We haven't done anything." Xam corrects calmly. "We have a few news reports you need to see though."

She just lets Xam handle this, she is taking some time eyeing the room and downing a few drinks.
————
The sparring group finds comfortable places on the ship relax and to take a break, Nitsua is trying to get food delivered since the others are preoccupied.
————
The Three utilize the exhaust ports on the moon to find spots where the Wookiee’s get blinded and they make their escape.
————
While Nitsua is wandering the ship he sees a small hole with an item pointing through making a very small, near-undetectable noise, he investigates and pulls out a needle, he soon discovers it’s a beacon, he soon crushes it and throws it away, not believing it to be of any harm, seeing as they weren’t being followed.
————
Zeta had stopped at fueling station, but once one meatbag became too “loud”, it got to work clearing out the station only to find his guiding light vanish on the map, he knew where to head to.
————
“Hey where’s the other lady you were with?” Sara Jane asks curiously, having noticed that she wasn’t anywhere in sight and hasn’t been heard of for awhile.
————
Kraven argues with a shop owner over what a credit is and how it works, apparently the shop owner believes it to be a parasite, the alien words the shop has outside roughly translates to, “Trade your skills for my inventory.”

"Nothing." Xam assured the people on the other side of the comm. "We just have some news reports you guys should read once the ship is fixed." She paused. "We'll head back shortly."

==

Shab nods, not sure if she believes the woman, but she knows she'll get answers eventually anyway. So signs off the comm before heading into the shop Kraven is in, sighs as she sees the stalemate between him and the shopkeeper.

Instead she leans over the counter, applies a quick upgrade to his stocking & purchasing system and then claiming the order that Kraven had attempted to put in. As the shop keeper didn't argue this was apparently an acceptable trade.

Their trip to the bulk metal merchant was thankfully easier, and they were able to acquire enough material to fix the hull. Now they had their supplies they headed back to the ship to continue their work.

==

Astra looks around though looks unconcerned. "She's fairly resourceful, and easily bored, she's probably trying to get some information or some quiet."

==

Shkala and Kric come to a stop, far enough away from the wookiees so as to not be seen. Shkala curses in language Kric doesn't know, then regards him suspiciously. "You seem awfully calm about this..."

"Nothing a little virus in their tech won't be able to track." Kric explained. "If we need to find them later we can."

Lillithen downs a few more drinks, becoming “slightly” intoxicated. She looks at Xam, “You know, I like you, you smell good, and you’re nice. I’m sorry if I come off dense. I’ve just not dealt with things about my past, but more on that later, we should head back before, *gets a noble, heroic voice* Master Nitsua gets curious.”
—————
Kraven gives thanks to Shab, “Been around the galaxy, but haven’t learned the languages, that was a mistake. We should come everyone to let them know we have everything ready and are coming back.”
—————
Sara Jane knows how people like their alone time so she thinks nothing of it. “Hey Astra, how long have you been trained in the force? Do you ever get feelings of dread or fear or like a negative event is about to happen?”
—————
The Three Travelers meet back up after giving the Wookiee the slip and blissfully walk in the open knowing that they are free for the time being, the walk past two individuals who look off world and also think nothing of it. “We did it”, the Twi’lek boasts.
—————
At the docks, many ships come and go, however, two ships stick out among the others. One already docked, looking like a Sith infiltrator, and one that just landed, a beaten and nearly destroyed single assault ship.

Xam narrowed her eyes in worried suspicion. She quickly ordered water and placed it down firmly in front of Lillithen. "Drink, then we'll go back."

==

Astra considered the question. "Longer than I can remember." She admitted with a wry smile. "And yes, I have, it is normal for force users to get premonitions or foreboding feelings to warn them when the force is out of balance." She paused. "Why?"

==

Shab nods, and quickly sends a comm message to let the others know to head back when they're free to do so.

“Som...something wrong? Did I say anything?” Lillithen requests.
—————————————
Kraven comms the remaining people out and about, “If you’re finished, return to the ship. We probably leave this planet before someone tries to take the bounties on traveling Jedi and potential slaves.”
————————
Sara Jane sits down, “Because I get this feeling, and it only ever happens when there are a couple individuals near by, but I don’t think they’d know where we are at.”
———————————
The Travelers try to head to their hide out, when Blaster shots are heard.

“Gleeful statement: Nothing better than dead meatbags.” A droid is seen while gunning down a couple guards.

“Woeful exclamation: I still hope to have my speech completely fixed.”
——————————

Xam narrows her eyes, but decides to tuck that information away for a different time, a different day, and makes Lillithen drink the water, before towing her after her back to the ship as they receive the comm messages.

==========

Astra takes a seat near the girl, as Nei raises an eyebrow. "You cannot let the Force rule you, taking every negative feeling will lead you down a despairing path towards the dark side. However, you can use it to put you on your guard, to keep the galaxy safe and well." Astra explained gently, before softening her tone even further. "Who are these individuals who disturb the Force for you?"

==========

Fraya stops as she hears blaster fire, she looks over her shoulder to see two guards get shot, and she melts into the shadows to take a different route back to the ship.