Re: The Dark Unknown (rpg) Sign Up

Shab quickly swapped out one of the comm links on the dead soldiers with Kraven's as she attached the grenades that Shkala handed her to them. She paused, before stomping on the one she'd removed. Then they dragged the corpses towards an airlock, dumping them rather unceremoniously in it. Shkala and Kric took a step back as Shab knelt down to place a mine on top, linking it to a detonator she had in her hand, and closed the inner airlock door as she left.

She urged Kric and Shkala out of the storage room they were in and shut that door behind them, pressing a button on the intercom next to it. "If you could make it look like we got hit, that'd be great." Shab stated, one hand holding onto the wall whilst the other was on the detonator.

Shkala and Kric shared a worried look, as they turned to find something to hold onto. Especially when the ship rocked as it pulled manoeuvres the inertial dampeners couldn't entirely compensate for. "Now!" Xam called over the intercom.

Shab hit the airlock outer door, then hit her detonator. They heard the blast and moments later they felt the hyperdrive engage. Shab quickly hurried to check on the sensors. "Minimal damage to the airlock outer door. Though I'm not sure I'd use it unless we don't have a choice." She reported. "So far no pursuers."

Shkala and Kric had followed rather cautiously. "She's crazy, like psycho crazy." Shkala whispered.

"They're all that kind of crazy." Kric retorted. They shared a look as if to ask what exactly they'd walked into.

Hobby writer, here's my sci-fi;
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36579/endeavour

Zeta is rattled by the explosions, the droids ship is damaged and starts to veer off course. The Sith attackers don't pay the droid any more attention as it is in no shape to follow.
---------------------
Kraven announces through the ships speakers, "One ship is down, there are a few more, a couple seem to be hit by the explosions."

He starts to fly back and forth as shots go past. "All we need is a few more minutes and they won't be able to follow us."
----------------------
Sara Jane stops as she hears through the comm. "He body is safe and secure, I have some doctors checking his body to extract the venom. They won't dissect the body, so you'll be able to choose what to do with him once we get this all straightened out."

Sara Jane now knowing the whereabouts of her brother, she can rest, if only to stop the shock.
----------------------
Once he gets done, he arrives at the council, or what's left of the building. "Alright, so what's the count on survivors?" Nitsua asks the two in front of him.

To be one with the force, you must be one with yourself.

Shab scurried up the ladder to the gun turret, easily hopping in before taking pot shots at anything that came too near to them. It was enough to keep the Sith at bay so that they could still manoeuvre.

"Ship flanking us!" Shab warned. "It's in my blind spot, I can't turn to get it."

==========

Nei was relieved to see Sara Jane finally drift off into sleep. She only wished she knew what to do now. Waiting patiently was one thing, but what were they waiting for? Or would it be better for Sara Jane if Nei was to take her away for a while, avoid whatever was coming?

Nei sighed as she realised whatever was coming was unavoidable. She was on damage limitation now.

==========

Astra rubbed her temples, she'd spent all day in the healing tent and she was tired. "Less than fifty." She stated unhappily. "Less than ten Jedi." She added.

"They were in the same chamber as the explosion." Fraya added, she had seen Nitsua approaching the area and had gone to ensure he couldn't cause trouble. "At this point I doubt we'll find more."

"There may yet be survivors." Astra snapped. "There are areas further away which might still hold civilians. And any Jedi could easily have called on the Force to provide enough protection to hold out until we can reach them."

"Assuming our friend hasn't left us any more surprises." Fraya agreed, making a mental note to try and arrange some surprises. There were some chances that she could not take, and more Jedi was one of them.

Just as Fraya finished her sentence, a man approached through the rubble. "This is all your fault, we could've had peace on this planet, but once again you all brought destruction upon the people you claim to protect."

He whispers slightly, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." The man looks towards the three Jedi. "Of course you had something to do with this," he looks at Nitsua, "this is what happens when you use pragmatism," the man starts to stare, "My family is dead because of you. The Jedi have no place here, all you have brought is death and loss."

A crowd of nearby passers, the injured, and helpers all stop and look towards the man. "Look at what they did to us." The man says glancing around at the crowd and pointing to the destruction around them.

Nitsua just stands there and follows the mans demonstration. Nitsua remembers the man from earlier, Nelsin.
--------------
--------------
Kraven hits the hyperdrive and before a massive collision happens between the fire of the enemy ship, they have entered a new system and are speeding towards a planet, he starts to panic and is able to lessen the impact, but the ship crashes.

Shab partly stumbles partly falls from the gun turret as the others start stirring. "There is no good place to brace up there." She mutters.

"I'm going to start refusing to travel..." Xam half agreed, giving up her seat for Shab so she can use the console. Using a chair for support she was able to check on Kric and Shkala who were shaken, and being unused to space travel a little queasy, but otherwise ok.

"Well the good news is you've managed to break pretty much everything, but not beyond repair." Shab reported, sparing Kraven a glance. "But where ar-" Everyone turned sharply to the loud thump against the side of the ship.

==========

"Sir, do you want to sit-?" Astra starts, figuring that even if the man has no physical trauma - which she's not convinced of - then he has enough mental for her to try and heal. He wheeled on her with an angry look and she backed away a step with her hands raised in defensive defeat.

"He's right." Fraya decided. "The Jedi have done nothing to help these people and everything to make matters worse."

"What!?" Astra demanded, being too tired to care to even try and remember to control her emotions. "How can you say that?"

"Because all the destruction is around our buildings." Fraya replied. "We have clearly not acted enough to stop the Sith. To regain their trust we must act faster."

"Faster is not always wiser." Astra replied. "What if we had attacked the Sith, and in response they bombed the entire planet?"

Kraven arises to see everyone looking at the side of a ship and hearing banging. He walks over to the group and as he gets to them a hole is made on the side of the ship and the droid comes through.

"I need the info meatbags, I will get it one way or the other." Zeta makes his entrance on the ship in a theatric fashion.
--------------------------
The man stands there and looks surprised that the Jedi would agree with him, and looked toward the other Jedi. "If you weren't here, they wouldn't have come, the battles and the wars have been waged and the Jedi have escalated them. I think it's time for the order to leave this planet and disband across the galaxy, maybe then we will have peace."

Lillithen then comes from the crowd and starts to pull the man over towards her. "I agree with you to, but what you say is foolish, there is a better way."

Nitsua adds in, "And what way would that be?"

"You again!?" Shab almost shouts in frustration as she raises her blasters to fire at the droid.

==========

"Integrate properly into society? We isolate ourselves so our concerns often feel disconnected from those of everyday people." Astra suggested, though obviously unsure. "Or at least bolster defences on rumours of Sith footholds rather than waiting for them to make a move we're sure of."

Kraven starts to shoot at the droid, pushing the others to cover. "Do you ever shut off?"
-------------------
Nitsua is standing by, he feels this event is too sensitive to add more to it.

He is being held in place, but he is able to speak. "See, this Jedi is using their power over me so I can't defend myself." A few listeners start slowly making their way to the captive.
--------------------
Sara Jane starts to convulse in her sleep.

"What the hell is going on?" Shkala demanded, having ducked into cover near Kric, as they all opened fire on the droid.

Xam had already made a note to all but interrogate Shab and Kraven once they'd dealt with the droid. However first she had to get Shab's head back on right. Crawling along in her cover before jumping to tackle Shab down below a different console for cover. "You're a tech, why are you shooting first?" Xam demanded of her friend.

Xam couldn't see Shab's face for the enviro-suit, but she recognised the hesitation of realisation that Shab went through. Realising she was fighting hard not smart. Shab's eyes landed on a console. "You have blades right?" She asked. Xam nodded, about to ask why. "I can create a dampening field, he won't be able to shoot, but neither will we."

"Do it." Xam agreed, she'd already taken stock of Kric and Shkala's weapons, they could cope with this. And quite frankly if Kraven couldn't her estimation of him was about to take a steep downturn.

----------

"Which Jedi?" Astra asks.

----------

Nei hadn't realised she'd fallen asleep until she was woken by the sound of Sara Jane thrashing. Shaking sleep off quickly and hurtling towards the girl, she started checking over her whilst shouting her name. There were no physical signs of illness, suggesting she needed to wake Sara Jane up. Nei took hold of the girl's upper arms and firmly but gently shook as she shouted her name again.

The droid starts to walk towards the group, until a tentacle from outside latches on to Zeta, and is taken away from the ship. There are shots heard and a howl is heard from outside, but nothing enters for a few minutes.
---------------------
"I am no Jedi," Lillithen announces to her captive. The man tries to struggle, however, it does no good.
---------------------
Sara is standing in the middle of appears to be a war zone, there are bodies, ships, and debris everywhere. Off in the background there is fighting and shooting. Her head begins to pound, she hears her name being called out and walks towards it, once she nears it, there are three people here, an older woman holding someone and against a wall with a light saber ready to pierce through the person, with a man on the ground not moving. She is then transported to a crowd of people and there is talking going on, but in a moment a person moves toward and blasters get pulled out and the people inside the circle get shot down. She awakes in a sweat and begins to shake, all the death that she witnessed has effected her. "Where are we? Where's Venrii?" She urupts.

Shkala hurried towards the hole in an automatic need to defend their cover, before Kric pulled her back into cover. "Whatever grabbed the droid could grab us."

"We need to get out of here." Xam agreed.

Shab had already abandoned her attempt at creating a dampening field, and had instead turned her attention back to their engines. "It's fixable, but I need access the panels outside." She paused. "I'm not sure that wise until we know what is out there, or that droid is destroyed."

=========

With a resigned sigh, Astra strode forward and punched Lilithen, before using the force to restrain her in her surprise. "What are you doing?" She demands.

=========

"We're near the old Jedi council buildings, we're safe for now." Nei explains, placing her hands on Sara Jane's shoulders, trying to instil a sense of calm into her. Then takes a breath. "Your brother is dead. Nitsua took his body."

Name: General Kyreel Handu
Alliance: Sith
Weapon(s): Great Vibrosword and Heavy Repeater Blaster
Appearence: A tall, well built man, has stubble with a few scars along his face showing the many fights and battles he has survived, has a strong distinct facial features.
Background: After going to Korriban to view a life that was never exposed to him, he rose through the ranks of the
Sith
History: A boy who grew up living the military life with his parents, both republic soldiers, after a rough upbringing, he killed his parents and left his home world of Dantooine.
Species: Human
Ship (if they have one): The Executioner
Class: General

Name: P4-G3
Alliance: Kyreel
Weapon(s): An array of tools and two hidden turrets with taser option.
Appearence: Similar to T3 models, just sleeker and more put together, specially made for Kyreel
Background: Made on an unknown scrap yard on an unknown planet.
History: Since creation, the droid has been a servant/ally to Kyreel over his life and journey.
Species: Utility Droid
Class: Utility

Name: Spear
Alliance: Kyreel
Weapon(s): Bowcaster
Appearence: Deep Brown fur, scars on legs and back, 7'5"
Background: He fought his captors and once the Sith came to his location, Kyreel saved the Wookie from a surviving slaver and the Wookie heard from the elders, knew of the oath he must serve, now he acts as a bodyguard to Kyreel willingly.
History: Born to slavers who kidnapped his parents, this Wookie was used as a power house against human camps on a cluster of a few planets, until the Sith came and decimated the slavers and remaining camps alike.
Species: Wookie
Class: Bodyguard

Name: Darth Manipulus
Alliance: Sith
Weapon(s): None
Appearence: Cloaked and masked 6'4"
Background: Found on the moon of Dxun by a scavenge group of Mandalorians, they awoke him from his slumber and most of them killed each other with only two surviving, one ran from the ancient temple and the other returned to his clan and slaughtered them all before his life force was absorbed and the body soon was set ablaze. The Lord was then located by Kyreel and the being didn't attack, Kyreel is said to have a telepathic link to this ancient evil.
History: Unknown
Species: Unknown
Class: Sith Lord

Name: Benlen Arojik
Alliance: Mandalorians
Weapon(s): A moving arsenal follows him where ever he goes
Appearence: Broad shoulders complete the hulking mass of Benlen, since a young age he has trained. Dark Blue eyes show a calm menace that can either attract or intimidate, darker red, medium length hair is normally covered with a special helmet that can showcase his face by still provide protection.  Standing 6'7" makes him an easy target, but his agility and dexterity make up for his tall stature.
Background: Becoming a defender of peace, after serving a few years with the republic, he was dishonorably discharged for his aggression towards the people who would commit negative acts in the republic. He traveled until he met with a rogue band of Mandalorians and saved their lives, well not being brought into the clan, he is has a bond with them, even when they met with the newest Mandalore
History: Being brought up in the military by his parents, he excelled in every course he tried at the academy. Losing his parents in an underground crime ring with a hutt, he wanted to take down every criminal with extreme prejudice.
Ship (if they have one): The Bounty/Executioner (The Bounty docks inside the Executioner
Class: Mercenary

Name: Mandalore the Vast
Alliance: The Mandalorians/Kyreel
Weapon(s): Beskad sword, Westar-35 pistol
Appearence: A hulking brute, at 6'0" his smaller stature is made up for by his extremely built body, underneath his helmet, the face of broken human is hid, his nose has been broken more time than he can remember, scars go across his face, his hair is partially greying to allow his experience to show, his eyes never land on anything until he finds the most valuable thing.
Background: Unknown
History: Appearing from the outer rim with a large group of followers, his claim to be the new Mandalore was upheld as he killed the current one in combat without any problem, as he kept gathering and gathering followers, he has massed an army all across the galaxy to follow him to the death.
Ship (if they have one): The Bounty/Executioner
Class: Mandalore, leader of the Mandalorians

Name: Meia Feldar
Alliance: Jedi
Weapon(s): Short red lightsaber and purple lightsaber, dual wields
Appearence: Yellow skin, and black hair, on a box like face frame, green eyes, 5'7" with tattoos surrounding her face.
Background: Only a few know that she has been sent on a spying mission to infiltrate the Sith, she was put into an uncomfortable situation when her master was outed and she had to kill him to remain safe and undetected. Now she has been given a strike squad to lead as another protector to Kyreel.
History: A young girl who was chosen for the order after being proficient at combat, Meia is a fighter through and through, however she does possess an accelerated intellect, she hasn't been seen for years from the order until a scouting report found her protecting Kyreel on Kashyyyk.
Species: Mirialan
Class: Sith apprentice/Jedi Spy

"We're approaching the planet", the pilot says. The Executioner is seen heading towards a planet, the crew are ready for what is about to happen. "All crew be prepared for action". The pilot calls out.

The Executioner holds a force of 1000 crew members and it is surrounded by an armada of ships.

"So why are we coming here again?" Meia asks the group. "This planet is the only planet known to produce Kolto, and we are going to take it over, to support our troops", Kyreel said with little to no expression. When the Captain becomes focused, it's hard to get a sense of what is going on in his mind. The only individual to completely understand is the mute, ancient Sith Lord.

"This will be an easy victory, the Selkath aren't known for there combat ability", boasted Mandalore. Benlen adds, "They generally don't choose sides during war time, but he asked them for an agreement and they turned us down, so what other choice do we have then to take what we need."

A few moments later the ships hover over the planets surface, the Bounty gets sent to the only above water city, all other ships release their aquatic ships to take care of any distractions. It only takes a half a day for this force to take the city and Kolto supply over.

"We are secure", Kyreel sends a message to his leader.

Kraven looks at the group he is with and decides that the best possible person to fix the ship is himself. "Everyone stay inside," he walks past everyone and hugs the side of the wall where the hole is.
-----------------------
"See they can't even keep together," Nelsin claims before continuing, "we need to take back our world from these overlords. The crowd start getting a little rough and the people start charging at the Jedi.
-----------------------
Sara Jane lays her hear back down before she gets a gut feeling another bad thing will happen.

"Do you actually know what needs fixing?" Shab called after Kraven as she watched him climb towards the panels in question. By way of reply he sort of waved and shrugged, which she took as confirmation. "Xam, you guys keep watch, I'll walk him through it when he gets stuck." She added, hurrying back over to the control panels so she could work in tandem with Kraven.

Xam quickly had the other two organised, Kric watching the sensors whilst she watched Kraven's back with Shkala. "Is it normal for it to be this quiet?" Shkala asked, having never left Junkka she wasn't sure what to expect.

"Around those two? No." Xam replied shortly.

==========

Astra reacts instinctively by creating a force shield around the small group she's with. "This isn't going to help, divide and conquer is exactly what the sith want!"

"And how would you know?" Fraya asked, causing Astra to turn in astonishment.

"Because they've started a war and that's a rather standard tactic." Astra replied, still not believing that she was having this conversation.

"So why wouldn't the jedi use the same tactics?" Fraya continued.

"Because they have no interest in conquering."

==========

"What just happened? You're not physically sick, but I couldn't wake you." Nei asked quietly.

"So you confused on what a nod means or...", Kraven stops to correct a previous statement, "wait, you know this is my ship right. I mean, it was given to me, regardless, I know my ship", he fumbles over his words a little.
-------------------------------
Nitsua looks at his group and the rioters. He realizes that his comm is still with him. "Hey, hey, are you two still there?"
Sara Jane stands with some problem staying balanced. "I don't know, first I felt pain watching what happened to him, I mean I could feel so much conflict inside him, like we were bonded, then it went silent." She stops and then hears the crackle of the comm.
Nelsin gets the mob to gather around the survivors as well as the shielded group. He organizes the crowd to take the weapons and arm the militia, and holds down the injured and the weak. "We will take back this planet, no more Sith, and no more Jedi.
--------
--------
"Sir, we have uncovered what appears to be an open pyramid with some sort of map being projected", a random soldier says to Kyreel.

The man looks at the soldier and opens his mouth, appears to begin to say something, then stops and looks away. "Log it, and destroy it."

Shab briefly looks up as she notices the slip, despite the fact she can't see Kraven. "Are you all right? You did check you can breathe that air, right?"

==========

Nei supports Sara Jane as she looks like she's about to fall. "We're here." She reports in as she makes out Nitsua's question behind the static. "What have you done this time?"

==========

"You know, there is an easy way to solve this." Fraya stated as they analysed their options about getting out of this.

"And how is that not playing directly into their hands?" Astra asked, before realising what she was saying. "Besides, killing our way out of this is not the answer."

"I'm not sure we're going to have a choice..." Fraya observed calmly.

Astra ignored her and turned to Nitsua, who was talking quietly on his comm, but she could hear him. "I can turn this shield into a force wave, but I'd rather have an escape plan." She whispered to him. "You got one?"

Shab looks towards Kraven and notices him losing oxygen at an alarming rate, she pulls him back inside.
---------
Nitsua a little offended, but to worried at the moment, "Why would you say that, I didn't cause this, anyway, we need some help by the Jedi temple, there is a mob attacking us, could you see if there is anything around you that can pick up a few people, I'm not alone.
----------
"What's going on?", Sara asks, not being able to hear all to well.
-----------
-----------
With the planet in their control and enough people to keep it in control, the Executioner crew return to the ship and discuss what to do next, all deciding that the best possible solution would be to connect with Penalla and the rest of the leaders to organize a plan.
-----------

Shab and Xam share a look, the latter nods and Shab hurries to the panel outside, her environmental suit protecting her from the atmosphere outside, as she works quickly.

Xam grabs a scanner and kneels next to Kraven, trying to ascertain what he's inhaled. Her work as an assassin had led her to become an expert in both poisons and antidotes, which naturally led to knowing how to combat hostile atmospheres in dire situations. Fortunately for Kraven he hadn't inhaled that much, and he just needed to breathe it out.

"How is whatever got him not getting us?" Shkala asked from where she was stood near the hole, keeping watch.

==========

"Are you up to moving?" Nei asked. "Because we're going to borrow some speeders."

==========

"I'm not sure we have long..." Astra warned, taking a deep breath as she reinforced the force shield against a particularly determined attack.

Kraven very slowly points to his neck, he pulls out a little needle, looks like it was shot from something...before passing out.
----------
Nitsua informs the group the hold out just a little longer, there is gonna be a rescue coming. Back to the comm, "We need enough to support 6 of us, that is including you two."
------------
------------
Kyreel gathers his crew to discuss what happens when they group up with Penalla and the rest of the armada.

"Grrhhharrr", Spear proclaims.

"I still don't know what you're saying", Meia retorts.

"Brweep boop booo", P4-G3 chimes in.

"He's saying that those logs you found don't make any sense", Benlen tells her.

"I never said they did, my Selkath isn't as strong as saber skills, sorry." Meia looks blankly at Spear.

"It said something about there is more than one ancient something", Mandalore surprises everyone with his partial knowledge. "What, when you kill a lot of people you pick up on language."

"Enough", Kyreel softly demands. "I need you all to listen for minute, Penalla isn't the greatest of people, so I need you all to not bicker while we're there. If she becomes angry with us, we will be stripped of all the work we've done, all we have uncovered and found and fought for will be lost. Once we meet with the lords and there council, we need to find out what the next step is. We have the healing, the weapons, the numbers, and since the strike on the Jedi council, we have little to no opposition, so it's best we can find how to dispose of the Jedi once and for all."