Re: The Dark Unknown (rpg) Sign Up

Shab retrieves a datapad and quickly syncs it into her visor, replaying the footage for Jester, starting at their encounter with Tamos & Darcott.

Shab: I wish I knew myself. We encountered these two after they tried to rip up the docks. *hands datapad over so Jester can watch the full encounter*

Hobby writer, here's my sci-fi;
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36579/endeavour

Nei: Would you know anyone even if they identified themselves.

==========

Xam: Possibly not by name. *pauses* I need a pilot, and after seeing one who I know some of the reputation of escaping a rather close fight in one of the last ships to leave Junnka... I thought I'd offer the job too you first, Kraven.

Kraven: I'm currently working for someone else Xam, try to find your own wa...

Nitsua: We do have room, also we can't allow a civilian to sentenced to death Kraven.

Kraven: I don't believe this will be beneficial.

Nitsua: Open the lock. (Proceeds to create a pathway using the force to extract Xam)

Last edited by Taustin17 (2017-04-26 02:32:49)

To be one with the force, you must be one with yourself.

Xam quickly considered her options, leaving had not been her intention, but realises that if these guys aren't willing to help her, she stands a better chance hiring a pilot who can if she isn't hampered by the lock down.

So she takes the offered pathway, bracing herself as she allows the force to control her until she arrives on the other side. The scene she finds it not what she was expecting, four people surrounding the young girl who was unconscious.

Xam: Perhaps I should have explained more about the job I was hoping you'd have time for before I took your lift...

Nitsua and Kraven together: We're making sure we'll be paid for helping you.

Nitsua: First we're stopping at the Jedi Council. Making sure they'll be in good hands.

Kraven: What's the job?

Venrii: We aren't goin...
*Nitsua puts him to sleep*

Nitsua: Too much anger will not be pleasant.

Nei doesn't say anything but simply rests her hand back atop Venrii's head, prepared to wake him if necessary. Observing, as most seem to have forgotten her, but knowing that not all will have.

Xam: I can assure you that my sponsors will be more than happy to pay you for each cargo load you are able to get past the Junkka lockdown.

Xam pauses as she considers the scene in front of her. Clearly one has influence with the Jedi Council, even if they're not a Jedi, though as of yet she isn't sure what to make of the fact the two kids she sent to talk to Kraven are unconscious.

Xam: However if you are not interested in such menial tasks, then all I ask is that you drop me off at port when you dock and I'll find someone else at Coruscant. Though there aren't many who can get through a Sith lockdown.

Nitsua: We'll drop you at the port.

Kraven: Gonna sit this one out, already got into a fight today and probably would've lost. No need to stay on Junkka.

Nitsua: (Telepathically to Nei) Leave her alone, if she doesn't want to train when we arrive, I'll let her go with her brother, just want to see what the council has to make of her power.

(I'm going to move this on to arriving at Coruscant, because otherwise I think we'll be here a while. If you feel that anything should've happened on the journey, we can always have flashbacks. tongue)

Once the ship was docked Xam stood as she saw Nitsua and Kraven returning to the mess, and with a sweet smile she thanked them for the lift, before stopping Kraven with a hand on his arm and leaning in to his ear.

Xam: *whispers* Shab Kyja was on Junkka when you left.

Then she smiles sweetly before heading out of the ship with her usual swaying walk before taking her bearings and grinning to herself as she sets to finding both her own and her sponsors contacts to make a start on getting their business back to normal.

Nei looked up as the others arrived, and Xam made her exit, she had already awoken Venrii, explained what Nitsua had told her. She wasn't sure she trusted him yet, so she was keeping her options open. She had escaped from the Jedi once, repeating the feat was always possible if required.

Before Nitsua had chance to say anything Nei used the Force to wake Sara-Jane.

Nitsua: Alright so we are here in Coruscant, now I'll be taking you to the council, Kraven, thank you for what you've done. (Nitsua has loaders move a crate of credits on board.)

Kraven: If you need anything, please don't call me, too much going on. I'll be unavailable for a little while, have some personal business to take care of, I'll keep your shop from harm.

Venrii to Sara: We can escape right now if we could...

Sara: and what, we're here already no point in running let's just go through with this, can't be much worsebtham Junkka.

As they follow Nitsua off the ship Nei turns to Sara-Jane and presses a couple of fingers of her right hand to Sara-Jane's temple, and allows a flow of the Force to be shared between them.

Nei: *quietly* A way to call for help, I probably won't be allowed into the Council, but I know how I expect it to go. It doesn't hurt to have a back up plan.

She pauses as Sara-Jane and Venrii share a concerned look.

Nei: Don't worry, I can't use it to read your mind. Think of it a bit like a speed dial.

They follow Nitsua through the docks and towards the transit station, as they settle in for the journey to the Council building Nei turns to Nitsua.

Nei: So what do you plan on doing without your ship?

Nitsua: Nei, I would bring you in, but you aren't in the Council's agenda. Also, I'd find a way off of here, if they sense you it could be bad.

Sara-Jane: You could stay though, I could use you.

Nei: *giggles* Bad? I doubt you have my interests in mind, so how would it be bad for the Council? Besides, I have no intention of trying to get in.

Nitsua: Not for the council, for you. (Walks away) Girl and Boy, I have arranged a room for you two, you'll find it, explore a little, I have something I need to check.
--------------------------------------------------
Venrii: Hate that guy.

Sara-Jane: You hate everyone, but I can see why with him.

Nei: Like I said, just shout.

Nei then unhooks the implant allowing her speech and pockets it as she departs towards and into the Jedi complex. When she left the first time she left almost all her possessions behind, including her lightsabre. She had assumed she wouldn't miss it, and had been proven wrong, so since she had had to come back anyway, she figured she might as well try and reclaim it.

It was easy enough to pass off her Force aura as that of any other padawan, she always had found it easy - and sometimes preferable - to be invisible, unassuming. People tended to overlook her. Though she had a feeling that at least one Jedi would be on the lookout for her returning, they didn't necessarily take things like running away lightly.

It doesn't take her long to get to her old room - luckily it's other occupants out during the day time - and to be able to get to her old storage locker to retrieve it.

==========

Xam sighs as she shoves another mercenary off her. Her reputation is barely existent here, correction, was barely existent. Now that she'd killed the first two mercenaries who had laughed at her suggestion of work and decided they wanted to do other 'jobs' for her the rest were simply looking at her in stunned silence.

Xam: Well, now, since you've been taught to have the proper respect for those offering you work, shall we try again?

Nitsua: (After walking away from the rest he stops in an alley) Keep an eye on everyone, make sure nothing happens here.
------------------------------
Kraven: Hello, this is a freelance pilot, is there anyone who can board me to the docks?
------------------------------
Venrii: So what do we do now?
Sara Jane: I don't know, let's explore a little, if hate to waste a trip to...where are we exactly?
Venrii: I don't know, never left home before, this place is huge.

Once Nei has the few possessions she cares to retrieve - though mostly her lightsabre - she heads back towards the exit of the compound. She knows that getting out will be trickier than getting in. Last time it had been a spur of the moment when she happened to see the opportunity.

She was within sight of the exit when she's spotted, a Jedi she recognises but doesn't know, and she slows as he approaches her. "Aren't you-"

"Nobody important." She interrupts, focusing all her willpower on the man, as if her gaze alone can change his mind.

She almost breaths a sigh of relief when he nods, and she continues towards her destination. She doesn't stop once she's out, not before she's far enough away to know that she can lose anyone who comes after her again. There she stops, leaning against a dark alley wall whilst she considers what to do next. She doesn't want to leave the girl to a fate she doesn't wish, but she has no intention of returning to the Jedi... yet she needs a direction for her life.

==========

Xam surveys the ship and crew she's managed to hire, with a little coercion from her sponsors, she's not convinced that they're up to it. But they didn't want to enter the unknown she offered, and even with her sponsors she was still an unknown quantity to them.

Her reputation is one of being unkillable, as the ship engages it's hyperdrive, she's convinced it's about to end in a fireball above Junkka.

Nei hadn't realised she'd slipped into a meditative state until the images started to appear before her eyes. It took her a moment to focus on her surroundings, before her attention was diverted by a roar to a fight. She turned just in time to see Venrii launch himself at his opponent, only for Sara-Jane to swipe him to the side with the force before he landed on her, and to shoot him as he hit the wall. Just as a figure in dark robes approached, slowly clapping.

Nei jolted awake from her trance in shock, she hadn't been able to hold it long enough to try and get a good look at the robed figure. But she'd seen more than enough, brother and sister fighting, and one killing the other.

She'd wanted something to do, to aim for, now she knew. She needed to swot up on how often Force visions came true, and hope it wasn't often.

Just a little update, life got going hard, but I will be back, promises. Until then...
--------------
A little time passed and Sara and Venrii discovered their stomachs have been running empty for a while and decided to go food.

Venrii: Ah that was delicious, nothing like that at home.

Sara Jane: Keep it down, you're howling.

Venrii: Cant help myself. Well I think it's time we should find a place to sleep, huh.

Sara Jane: *Gets up and waits for her brother to stand up, once he does they begin to leave, upon leaving a patron of the restaurant knocks into Sara Jane*

Patron: Hey little girl, you watch where you going, and don't you know they don't allow pets in here.

Venrii: *Unsheathes his claws and looks menaced...until his sister put her hand in front of him*

Sara Jane: My brother has every right to be here, sadly, just like you, now *she puts her other hand up* you will apologize.

Patron: I'm sorry for the disturbance

Sara Jane: Good, now stay still.

Venrii: *Looking down notices his sister has her hand clenched, sees her swing at the patron, knocking him out*

Last edited by Taustin17 (2017-01-09 19:04:11)

Not that I had to reread this to see where all my characters had got to. Poor Shab, she's still stuck in limbo with Jester.
==========

Nei couldn't believe she was back at the compound, she had wanted nothing more than to leave this life behind her, but after her vision she needed the libraries. At least with her abilities to be invisible it meant that no one had noticed her, and as such hadn't noticed her sudden interest in Force Visions and known occurrences.

----------

"Turn around, we can't get through that blockade." The captain stated as they had fully taken in the situation around Junkka.

"Belay that." Xam stated simply, her phaser already aimed at his head from her reclined position nearby. Her other hand close to both her other phaser and her many knives.

"This is my crew, missy, I give the orders, not you."

"And you agreed to work with my sponsors." Xam reminded him. "You know what breaching the contract means."

The captain openly laughed at that, his crew chuckled to themselves too, and Xam simply tilted her head as if inquiring what joke she'd missed. "You really expect me to believe that you'll be able to kill all of us and take the ship by force if we refuse?"

Xam leaned forward, her face straight and serious. "Yes." She said.

For a moment the captain hesitated, looking at this strange woman who had asked for a crew to run a blockade. Who had some very wealthy backers - what Hutt wasn't wealthy? - with plenty of motivation to take the job. It hadn't seemed like a suicide run back then. "Go to hell."

"You will." Xam replied simply, shooting seconds later, causing all madness to break loose.

The captain was dead in one shot, two quick fires from her second pistol to her other side had the first bodyguard dead, whilst the first checked on his captain. She quickly dismounted from the deactivated console she'd been sat on, diving behind cover as the weapons officer shot at her.

She sat still as the second bodyguard came looking for her, forcing herself to breath calmly as she listened. Swapping her right phasor for a blade, and quietly manoeuvring herself into a crouching position, diving as he came around the console, slicing through his leg before shooting him as he fell. That was three dead. Just the weapons operator and the helmsman, then she could seal herself in and purge the ship the easier way.

Now it was time for some acrobatics, the layout of the bridge didn't give her enough cover to sneak around all the way, so she was going to opt for the more direct approach. So she jumped, using the console as a launching pad to land onto the helm, kicking the helmsman to stun him before diving at an acute angle to avoid the shot the weapons operator aimed at her, shooting at him as she landed, he ducked so she walked towards a different panel to lean over it, predicting that he'd be waiting to shoot at her, and throwing one of her smaller knives at him, using the grunt of pain to locate him to shoot him fatally this time. Then she marched back over to the helmsman who was on the verge of recovering before using another of her knives to ensure he wouldn't bother her any time soon.

She hefted him out of the seat and took her own seat, ensuring that the rest of the crew wouldn't bother her, before going to reclaim and wipe down her knives before retaking a seat as pilot. She was not getting her ass kicked because the help let her down. But she was almost definitely going to end up a fireball now.

A week later...

The whole galaxy stood still as reports of bombs going off across Coruscant. The individuals on Coruscant are either dealing with the bombings or are spread out not effected. The individuals on Junkka are finally getting able to leave the lockdown, however with all the members of the Jedi and Republic pulling out of Junkka or being killed by the darksiders, an armada have appeared outside the outpost.