Re: Machines of War

Okay, so we’ve all seen the Transformers movie right? Of course we have. wink Well, the Vertoes are going to sound exactly like the Transformers and Decepticons when they speak English (depending on their personality and such).
-----------------------------------------------

Blinding light flashes across the ship’s bow, quickly followed by an ear piercing shriek. The ship lurches forward suddenly before coming to an abrupt stop, the roof and floor bending inward beneath unknown pressure. The sound of screeching metal reverberates throughout the ship as whatever is holding the ship stationary tightens its grip.

A haunting red light shines through the ship’s front windows, completely blocking anything else from sight. The light moves side to side, scanning the entire ship before it vanishes for a fraction of a second, almost instantly reappearing. The action –much like the blinking of an eye –is followed by a deep rumbling and an unintelligible sound.

The red light moves away from the ship, revealing the unimaginable. The massive head of an enormous robotic creature, its four glowing red eyes focused on the tiny prize in its hand.

…Outside the Jedi Temple…

Mikaela nods, wiping her tears away and turns to head back into the Temple. She doubted anything remained of the Jedi escape pods with the Temple in such shambles but they had to try. Orcor glances up at Keir as the soldier pulls the amulet over his head, the amulet’s shard dangling just above his heart.

“The amulet… is the key… lose it and Ke’siväkan … will never be reborn… And the fate of the galaxy… shall be sealed…”

Orcor leans back against a slate of rock, watching the group move back towards the Temple. They were all so unaware. Unaware how their actions would influence everything; how they could determine the fate of the galaxy…

The last of the little group of survivors disappear into the Temple. Orcor sits up. He had to ensure that they escaped. And he would. He wasn’t dead yet. Orcor places both his hands over his heart and begins a slow chant in Khenan, “Mi’lady, grant me strength. Help me stand fast against this darkness and in death shall I bring you victory.

The ground shakes beneath Orcor as a group of large robotic creatures jump down from the Temple roof. Vél'inan. The largest of the group –obviously the leader –hisses when he sees Orcor.

Óv’jutići!” he shrieks, “where is it, caşha?! Give it to us!”

...Above Coruscant…

Above Coruscant the planet size capital ship Ví S’ęsolh Nä’csitri still holds its position, beaming down soldiers to search the planet for survivors. Their radars still show it is on the planet. If they couldn’t destroy the Ke’siväkan then they would destroy the very object which ensured she would return to rescue the Sa'vunin once more.

Suddenly a hyperspace rupture occurs near Ví S’ęsolh Nä’csitri. A planet sized warship slowly emerges from the warped hyperspace hole, the larger and far more advanced Sa’vunin warship overshadowing the scrawny Vel’inan capital ship. Olen’fël.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Short phrases or simple words mixed with English will be written in the original Khenan language which will have translations here. Longer phrases will be written in English and italicized as above. Unless of course you are not supposed to understand their meaning in which case the phrase will be written completely in Khenan with no translation or simply left out and replaced by something like “speaks Khenan, etc., etc.,etc.”.

Vocabulary Lesson:
Ke’siväkan:  one who commands soldiers (lit.); Supreme Commander – special combination word.
     Ke is used as an imperative prefix; used to mark something as a command or order. When combined with a noun, ke comes to mean “commander” or “one who commands”. Siväkan is the plural form iof “soldier”. Combine ke with siväkan and you end up getting “one who commands soldiers” or “commander of soldiers”. When used as a proper noun it always means the Supreme Commander.

Ví S’ęsolh Nä’csitrin: By the Blood of My Enemies.
     The Khenan word for “the” is “te”. However, it is an implied article and thus usually left out of sentences all together. It is occasionally used for emphasis.
: by
Sy: of – prefix.
Ęsolh: life (lit.); blood
Csitrin: enemies (plural)
: my

Olen’fël: Grave Digger
     Olen: corpse; death; grave
Fël: digs, one who (lit.); digger

Óv’jutići: The Guardian (lit.)
     Óv: to protect against
Jutići: darkness

Caşha: (rare, archaic) flesh, one who is made of (lit.); (common, insult) fleshling

http://tinyurl.com/cyxnotmhttp://tinyurl.com/bs6edlz

(Inside the Jedi Temple)

George was mumbling something to himself while he was following Mikaela and Bao. Others could recognize some of the words... Guardian... Jedi...Last time... Stupid girls... He took a look at one of the statues. A jedi knight in his robes with a hood over his head holding his arms together. He thought that this would be the last time he sees it. Finally he looked down at Mikaela and Bao and asked them:
-"Do you know where are we going? We should search for a ship!" his voice sounded desperate.

https://s32.postimg.org/8xe25ip4l/George_Kwei_2.jpg

Will be back to post soon. smile
----------------------------------

Really long but... that's how I like it. XP
---------------------------------------------------------

The Vél'inan circle around Orcor like a pack of vultures, the eyes imbedded in their armor shifting, warily watching the human for the slightest movement. Despite their savage nature the Vél'inan are no fools. Óv’jutići is a powerful being, despite Hän Ku'aläí’s claims of otherwise.

He had to be... to hide it from them for almost ten years. How this lonely caşha had evaded them for more than a moment was completely mystifying. But no matter... they had him cornered now. He would not escape and they would finally have the Ęsivz S’äín.

“Come on, caşha,” the leader begins again, his voice eerie and spewing corruption, “give it to us and I promise to make your death as painless as I possibly can,” he adds, holding up his left hand as it transforms into a round saw, the blade rotating furiously.

Orcor doesn’t give the creature the satisfaction he’s looking for, his eyes not straying from the Vél'inan's face. “Don’t... flatter yourself... dark one,” Orcor replies in Khenan. “You could torture me... for a thousand years... and I’d never give it to you... I will not be a stepping stone... in bringing that monster back...

The Vél'inan chuckles. “Such strength in the words of a dying fleshling.” He sighs. “Very well. I did not want to waste energy on trash but if you will not give it to me I suppose I’ll have to take it from your corpse!

As the Vél'inan raises his arm to finish off Orcor a sound seems to explode around them, the devastating noise nearly causing Orcor’s ears to bleed. That sound is immediately followed by a curse of alarm from the Vél'inan leader and senseless chattering from his subordinates as they desperate look around for their surprise attacker.

Orcor looks up to discover the Vél'inan leader’s entire lower left arm has been completely removed. He follows the frantic gaze of the Vél'inan as they come to rest on a large figure atop the Jedi Temple. Orcor can hear his heart pounding in his ears. It couldn’t be...

The figure seems to simple step off the roof, landing on the ground below with such mass that a crater forms around it; the ground shakes, forcing even the Vél'inan to struggle with their balance; and the remains of the Jedi Temple’s front pillars crumble. The new arrival stands erect, his steel blue and white armor almost singing with the power hidden within.

His right arm is completely transformed, consumed by a massive sniper rifle, the only remains of the limb’s actual form being a set of fingers near the weapon’s trigger. Now within close range of his target, the Sa'vunin's arm returns to its original form, reaching to remove one of the large lightsaber barrels from the back of his hips.

The group of Vél'inan shriek and step back slightly. “Maioribus!” the leader cries. “H- wh- what are you doing here?!”

“You threaten Ke’siväkan,” Maioribus calmly answers, grabbing his second lightsaber with his left hand. “Is there more of a reason for me to kill you?” he wonders, activating both weapons with a twirl for mere show.

Without any warning Maioribus rushes forward, his speed enhanced by the thrusters on the back of his lower legs. The blades of his lightsaber pass through each Vél'inan with beautiful accuracy and in a matter of seconds the three Vél'inan each lay in two pieces at the massive Sa'vunin's feet. He turns to Orcor.

Óv’jutići,” he states.

“Maioribus,” Orcor smiles weakly.

Maioribus bends down to examine Orcor, careful not to further injury the human. The man would live, if they could get him to a LifeForger in time. The human would refuse any offer to become a Nex Addo, even with his memories intact. But perhaps the LifeForgers could do something else. Maioribus suddenly stops.

Óv’jutići... where is it?” he asks.

Orcor shakes his head. “I am not longer Óv’jutići... old friend... I have passed my title onto another... and the Ęsivz S’äín as well.”

Maioribus sighs, understanding what the man left unspoken.  “I see.” A pause. “I hope you have chosen wisely.”

Orcor shrugs his shoulders with considerable effort. “When I see you again... tell me how it all goes.”

Maioribus nods. “That I will.” Another pause. “Would you like me to-?”

“No,” Orcor cuts him off. “I have... earned this...”

Maioribus rises to stand above Orcor and then leaves the dying man to his fate.

...Inside the Jedi Temple...

Mikaela takes out a datapad, carefully wiping away the dust on the screen. The datapad chimes as she taps on it. “So we’re in the main corridor. According to the schematics the Jedi bay is just over there,” she adds pointing off towards a hall which is completely blocked by rubble. She notices.

“Err- hmmm,” she adds, going back to taping the datapad. “Okay, we go down this hallway, take a few turns and we should be there.”

Suddenly a noise. The group all turn towards the source, the Jedi activating their lightsabers and Keir pulling a blaster pistol from the harness around his waist. A rock rolls to a stop and they all fidget awkwardly. Being jumpy in a situation like this was understandable so they merely turn towards the hallway Mikaela pointed out earlier and continue.

Another noise. Ignored. A flash of black. A muffled scream.

A black figure now stands a good thirty yards down the main corridor, holding Mikaela against it, its hand over her mouth to muffle out any sounds. A massive machine gun is suspended in its other hand, slightly propped against its leg for steading accuracy. The figure’s body is masculine and extremely muscular but... mechanically in appearance.

An armored man? Had to be. The helmet dons what seems to be a large central eye with two smaller eyes on either side. So... not a man... a cyborg? He begins to speak but in a language none of them have ever heard before. He seems to notice this and adjusts.

Caşha,” he seems to hiss the word with distain. An obvious insult. “Why we waste time with you is beyond me.”

Mikaela struggles viciously in his grip in an attempt to get away but to no avail. The figure doesn’t even seem to have to put forth any effort to hold her, although he does seem quite annoyed. “Damn it, quit struggling woman! You’ll only hurt yourself.”

He turns his attention back to the group, his grip on Mikaela tightening in order to keep her still. “I’ll be taking this now,” he adds, motioning towards Mikaela with his head.

He stops when he notices the amulet around Keir’s neck. He points the machine gun towards the soldier.

“Give it here, caşha,” he growls, his voice charming with an underlying bite, “and I won’t have to hunt through the pieces of your body to find it!”

------------------------------------------------------------------

Khenan Vocabulary Lesson:
Ęsivz S’äín: Heart of the gods (lit.) – special combination word.
     Sy is the prefix which means of. However, it is usually used to make a word possessive usually by removing the "y" in the process. Example: S'caşha would mean "of" or "belonging to" caşha which in Basic would be the same as "fleshling's". Äín translates to gods or in the case of the Nex Addo the Agon. Combine sy with äín and you get S'äín: of the gods.
     Ęsivz: heart
Now I realize that since we're reading the vast majority of this in English we'd get kinda confused if we saw S'Vél'inan as a possessive instead of Vél'inan's which our brains automatically register as possessive.  So to make it easier Khenan possessive words mixed with English will be written in English possessive form while Khenan possessive words written within Khenan phrases will remain in Khenan possessive form. Hope that makes some since there.

Hän Ku'aläí: one who was once a god (lit.); Vante - special combination word
     Hän ku: prefix: one who; that which
     Al: nevermore
     Äí: god; Agon (singular)

Pictures:

A general idea of what all Vél'inan look like. Higher ranking soldiers will have bulkier bodies and different body colors depending on rank. Notice all the eyes just looking at you. Creepy isn't it? tongue

Now before I continue... I did my best to avoid using images from cartoons/anime and also any Transformers (they’re too bulky and robotic looking for my tastes. I’m more of a mecha girl). However, Vertoes still possess qualities of Transformers such as the transforming part and the ability to generator weapons from their bodies. Surprisingly they’re aren’t a lot of kick ass looking giant robots that aren’t Transformers or from anime around so it took me a while but I think I’ve finally managed to get some decent stuff. ^_^

Everytime I list a new Verto they may or may not have a different base type (Base Types: Ares, Oblivion, etc.). They will however, always, differ in model and appearance (Model: 'Dreadnaught', 'Deicide', etc.) due to the fact that they are customized to fit that Verto’s skill and/or likes. smile

Each customized model is listed as an advanced prototype because they’re one of a kind (that specific Verto is the only one who will ever have access to the model), super kick ass, and will be the basis for newer body models and/or parts should the Verto ever require them.

Machines of War thus far...

Maioribus at full release. When he rescues Orcor he's in his full form (meaning he's about two or three times as big as Megatron in the movies) but he's not at full release. Full release is only used when absolutely necessary as it consumes massive amounts of power.
     So the huge shoulders with the wings and everything are not present and neither is the shield but everything else is basically the same. He's a pretty intimidating Nex Addo.

Validus; any form (he retains this model shape in full form, his half form, and his human form). This is the guy that's snatched up Mikaela. Looks pretty wicked doesn't he? I think he's my favorite. wink
     Nex Addo can condense their forms until they are relatively human sized (they're usually about 6'7 in this form). This is known as their kuly form; kuly being Khenan for weak. They are still incredibly dangerous in this state and lose little of their original strength and other abilities but are small (compared to their original size) and as such feel weakened.
     Because of this, Nex Addo rarely take on this form unless necessary or occasionally when speaking with the Supreme Commander or other smaller species. Transformation from kuly form to half form takes about 20 seconds. Transformation to full form ranges around 45 seconds.

George activated his silver lightsaber when that black creature grabbed Mikaela. When the creature mentioned the Keir's necklace George looked at it, and found it curious but he returned his attention to Mikaela and the black guy. "Release her!" George frowned, and started slowly walking towards them.

The figure takes a step back as George approaches, dragging Mikaela -kicking and screaming to her heart’s content- with him. His gun remains trained on Keir and with the five robotic eyes its impossible to tell exactly where he's looking.

He doesn’t seem threatened by George’s advancement but rather more annoyed. “I’d watch it if I were you, caşha,” he snaps. “You’re pretty gutsy but you’re not very smart about it. It’s obvious you haven’t examined the situation correctly. I could crush your friend’s skull here in a second,” he adds, lifting one of the fingers covering Mikaela’s mouth to emphasize his point.

“Better yet, I could rip that pathetic fleshy heart right out your chest if you’d prefer to keep your conscious clean. It’s been a while since I’ve killed a Force-user,” he pauses, savoring the thought. “The offer is... quite tempting...”

George was thinking like never before. He's seen the creature's reaction. He doesn't know what it wants. but he must try to stop it. He lowered his guard but he still watched it. He spoke out, choosing his word carefully.

"We both know that you would've already killed her if you couldn't. But you can't. You probably have orders not to harm her. But surely no one said anything about.", George looked nervous, he thought about how to fight this thing, and he had a good idea, but he knew he wouldn't win. "You said you didn't kill a Force User for a long time." He raised his guard again, "Why don't we duel, and we'll see what comes of it?" He put up a smile, waiting for an attack any moment...

The black figure seems to contemplate this for a moment but quickly dismisses the idea with a vague shake of his head. It was tempting to kill all the caşha where they stood. It would more than likely save them trouble in the end. He focuses on the amulet around Keir’s neck. But he couldn’t. Couldn’t take the slightest risk. Maybe one of them... he quickly ignores that thought. Weaklings! They’re unworthy of the power... it would never choose them.

Still he couldn’t. “Don’t go rushing to die, boy,” he growls, taking another step back. Where is Maioribus when he’s actually wanted?! “I’ve got better things to do than to waste even an ounce of my power on some caşha.”

The entire Temple seems to suddenly vibrate, the ground beneath them shaking and the ceiling above them straining to maintain itself with so many missing pillars. The Temple wouldn’t hold much longer. The group notices Mikaela’s eyes widen as she watches something massive force its way through the crumbling entrance of the Jedi Temple. It barely fits and has to bend down slightly so as not to hit the already fragile ceiling.

"Validus!" a loud booming voice calls, causing pieces and medium sized chunks of the ceiling to fall to the ground below

The black figure, apparently known as Validus, seems to be relieved. He shouts something in the language it originally used. The voice answers and the group turns as the far larger robotic organism moves towards them, each step it takes sending intense tremors through the floor.

George, turned off his lightsaber knowing that it wouldn't be of any use. I mean, look at that thing. I don't think I could push that thing back with the Force. I'm not that strong.
He looked again at Validus: "Looks like we'll have to finish our duel later." George turned around to look at the huge robot wondering if it's going to crush him with his foot...

The large creature doesn't seem to have any interest in the Jedi group but rather seems very interested in Validus and Mikaela.

"Nä fertiil!" the large organism exclaims in its own language, gently dropping to one knee so as not to disturb the Temple's structure further. He bows his head in a respectful manner. "Në an'joηe mäne'mé."

The large robot looks at Validus. "Ke'diuta'é!" he roars.

Validus seems taken aback but slowly releases Mikaela, merely holding her by the wrists now. As soon as the largest of the robots began speaking the amulet around Keir's neck begins to glow with a throbbing pulse rhythm. Keir notices.

"What the hell?" he touches it and it's warm to the touch.

The robots notice and turn to face him. The larger one speaks in Basic now. "Human..."

-------------------------------------

Nä fertiil: my lady
Nä: my
fertiil: fertil one (lit.); lady

Në an'joηe mäne'mé: We have returned to claim you.
Në: we
and: have
joηe: to come; to return
mäne: to claim; also - to rescue; to save
mé: you; he; she; her; his

Ke'diuta'é: release her
Ke: the imperative prefix used to mark something as a command
Diutal: release; to free
mé: you; he; she; her; his

George looked confused at all that was happening. Giant robots? One of them bowing to Mikaela. A glowing amulet? What's next? He looked at the large robot, then he looked at Keir. He shrugged his shoulders and looked up, like he was wondering, but he just didn't know the answer.

George cleared his throat: "Ehem... Can someone tell me what's going on?" He put up an innocent smile, he didn't want to anger anyone.

Mikaela seems subdued for the moment, obviously interested in the much larger robotic organism. Thus Validus turns his attention from her to George with a sharp growl. "Like we'd take time to explain ourselves to you caşha!"

The larger robot looks back at him. "Ke'tu, Validus..." he speaks softly, turning his attention back to the Jedi group before him.

"I am Maioribus, Supreme Fleet Admiral of the Olen'kaar. This is Validus, my Vice Admiral. We believe you have already associated yourselves with nä fertiil Regina," he adds, his hand motioning towards Mikaela.

Mikaela looks shocked. "W-what are you talking about?!"

Validus shakes his head. "Óv’jutići has yet to reunite her soul and the Ęsivz S’äín. It is the only reason I restrained her."

Maioribus sighs. "Obviously or she would have tracked us down and this incident would have not occurred. It would have saved us trouble." A pause; a moment of reflection. "But Óv’jutići knew how best to protect her so let us not disrespect his corpse by questioning his wisdom."

---------------------------

Ke'tu:: be quiet (lit.); also - hush, silence, or be calm
Olen'kaarn: Death Armies
     Olen: corpse; death; grave
     kaarn: (plural) armies

George was annoyed by Validus behavior towards him. He'll kick that guy one day.. But... Old soul? He looked at Mikaela. She must reunite with her old soul, and it looks like she's someone important to these things. Why he couldn't stay at his apartment. But he would probably be dead. Killed by those Sith.

He looked at the big one, Maioribus? Then he looked at Mikaela. "Not that I'm stating the obvious, but shouldn't we get going? I think it becomes more dangerous here every second we stand and chat?" He gave Validus a challenging look. Ouu, he'll kick that guy's ass...

Maioribus turns to George, a sudden dark look hidden in his too human eyes. "I am sorry, human..." he states with little concern, "but you are of little use to us. We came here for Regina and the Ęsivz S’äín; not to save your kind."

Mikaela struggles in Validus grasp, earning her a sharp growl from the black robotic creature. "What?!"

Keir shakes his head, holding the amulet closer to his chest. "You can't just leave us here!"

"Can't we? You're nothing but caşhan," he adds, the earlier respect he seemed to have for the humans obviously having been a charade. "If you die before your time it is of no concern to us."

Mikaela struggles harder, looking over her shoulder at Validus with a heated glare. "Let me go!"

"Feisty," the robot purrs, a smile in his voice.

The comment gains a harsh growl from the larger organism but Validus ignores it his attention turning back to Mikaela as she screams "I'm not going anywhere with you."

Validus pulls her back against his body. "I'm afraid you don't have the choice, woman. You have something we need. So we're taking you... whether you want it or not."

Mikaela pulls away from his body. "Not without them," she bites back at the robot, her head motioning towards the group before them.

Validus looks up at Maioribus and speaks in his own language so as not to give away their conversation to their audience. "What say you, Maioribus?"

Maioribus seems troubled. They needed the girl. Her body... her soul. But it seems she would fight them unless they brought along the caşhan. He eyes the group before him.

It was possible one of them could be the one Óv’jutići chose as his predecessor. It was also possible one could be... he pauses. Would it really choose one of them? It seemed highly unlikely.

He sighs. "Without the Regina's soul restored we have no way of telling if one is the Guardian or even if one is our Savior. If we left them here to die and fate twisted on us..."

His gaze falls on Mikaela, his voice softening noticeably. "Everything we've done for her... it would all be in vain." His eyes lift to Validus's. "Everything... would be lost."

Validus's hostile attitude seems to calm. "I have sworn my soul to hers, Maioribus. You know this. If it is for her... I will do whatever it is you ask."
-------------------------------------------

caşhan: (plural) fleshlings

At first George started feeling fear. They would leave us hear? But then when Mikaela said that she wouldn't let them leave without them, she smiled at her. It was nice that for a change some girl didn't just throw him away. But he soon returned his attention to the robots, who were having a discussion. Probably about whether to take them or not.

Although he couldn't understand their language (except for the word caşha) he could read their mimicking... The Big one seemed troubled. He was talking about something, looks like Mikaela was Regina and that she was very important to her, so they didn't want her hurt. Finally when the big one finished Validus seemed less hostile and more relaxed, George felt that they had a chance. He didn't want to speak so he wouldn't ruin it.

He placed his hand on his lightsaber to calm himself. Hopefully, robots won't see it as a sign of hostility, or will they? He removed his hand from it and started thinking about what Master Orcor said. "Orcor said I was a Guardian, whatever that means". he mumbled that out, and continued thinking...