Topic: Machines of War

OMG! NEW RPG! YAY!!! ^_^

Well, recently I've been reminiscing about the good ole days; the days when we could be talking in a topic and somehow along the way end up startintg a totally random new RPG. Yeah. Those were the days... but specific RPG topics make things so much more organized. And I'm an organization-liking kinda personie. I'm satisfied.  big_smile

Anyhoo, the other day I was going through the old RPGs and stumbled acorss my absolute favorite! I mean I LOVE it! While I'll admit it is... amatuer it has its moments! It's all complex, unique, interesting, exciting, and totally actiony! I LOVE action!  wink Thus -with my now mature RPGing skillz -I have decided to give it a rebirth shall we say?

Start over from the beginning and see what new twists and turns the storyline takes with new people involved. Sounds like fun doesn't it?! And without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, I present the latest RPG from your very own Starr:

Machines of War...
     The galaxy has enjoyed over ten thousand years of peace since the fall of the Galactic Empire and the death of the Dark Lord, Darth Sidious. However, neglect during such an era of tranquility has left the universe scattered and vulnerable, unprepared for the dark threat which lurks on the fringes of the Unknown Regions.

When Republic sentry outpost along the Outer Rim fail to respond and rumors of massing armies circulate, the Republic predicts war. As the universe's few surviving species press towards the Middle and Inner Rims in a desperate attempt to flee the coming conflicts, the universe's remaining military forces join together to stem the tide of annihilation.

A young Jedi Knight on Coruscant, however, reveals a far more haunting truth. This was not their war and they had no way to stop it. The universe has been thrust amidst the turmoil of an eternal war, the outcome of which will determine the fate of them all. Their only hope of survival rests with an ancient force with no love for their petty existence.

Survival is not guaranteed....

http://tinyurl.com/cyxnotmhttp://tinyurl.com/bs6edlz

Re: Machines of War

Now that we all know the storyline I would like to go over all the other s**t I know you people are tired of hearing me say but I tell you anyway. So please listen.  smile

First things first, I would like to clear up that this RPG is not going to include Star Forges after all. This RPG happens to deal with "machines of war" so I took my title/idea for a 3rd KotOR and twisted it into something I like far better.  wink

Secondly, the whole SW "a long time ago" deal when it's obviously in a futuristic setting is not going to work for me here. So I've decided to place this RPG IN THE FUTURE (i.e. 10,000 years after the fall of the Galactic Empire). It futuristicy enough for SW.  smile All the SW stuff remains normal although we are going to need new Jedi Masters since all the old ones are obviously dead (even Yoda with his whatever creepy species he was didn't live 10,0000 years).

Rules
PLEASE READ

Okay... some guidelines I’d like to go over:

(1) If you are going to join this RPG please try to keep up with it and do actually read other people’s posts. We don’t need a rogue poster going around doing random things that have nothing to do with the story line.

(2) Please, please at least try to use correct grammar and in PRESENT TENSE! We are not texting here: write good, readable sentences. You would not turn a story that you wrote into your teacher that had grammar errors so don’t post the likes here. BAD example: (Sith holds lightsaber towards Jedi). Instead GOOD example: The lightsaber roars to life, the vibrant red blade seemingly pulsing with the same rage which fuels the heart of its wielder. The dangerous weapon hovers inches from the Jedi's unguarded neck, the heat causing blisters to fester along the captive's skin. See? MUCH BETTER!

(3) Ask somebody before you decide you’re just gonna kill their character off. You must have their permission! You are allowed to inflict minor injury to their character without their consent, however, major injuries (i.e. stabs, gun wounds, chopping off a body part) require the person’s permission.

I think that should do. However, if we have problems more guidelines or rules will be added.

Limitations
This is a "end of the world" scenario. Thus, only certain species will be available for play. New species are introduced but we'll get to that later.

Species available for play are

• Humans

• Mandalorians [Since Mandalorians are actually a variety of species forged into a massive warrior society your character may be any species which is listed among Mandalorian recruits. Wookiepedia it.]

• Cathar

• True Sith (for my darkside buddies ~_^)

• And whatever Darth Maul and Savage Oppress are (I'm thinking Zabrak but don't quote me)

Since I don't feel like researching any other species at this moment, feel free to PM me with any other possible candidates. I will do my research. If the species seems fit enough to survive my "end of the world" scenario I will consider them. Candidate species avialable for play will be added to the list above.

NEW SPECIES

Species: Agon
     Description: Human in appearance; unrelated.
     Allegiance: None
     Force Capable: Extremely so
     Abilities: Possess enhanced human traits [roughly ten times average human traits]. Pureblood descendants have been known to harbor a rare ability which allows them to  control the autonomous robotic species known as the Nex Addo.
     Limitations: Unrelated to both Jedi and Sith factions; very neutral species with the exception of their queen who is extremely hostile. Avoid at all costs. Does not possess the necessary traits to become a Recro.

Species: Nex Addo (a.k.a. Vertoes)
     Description: Autonomous robotic organisms (basically really, really BIG Transformers); normal troops house up to four arms while ranking or commanding officers may have six; bleed greenish, thick plasma.
     Allegiance: Supreme Commander; Nex Addo; Agon
     Force Capable: Extremely so
     Abilities: Shapeshifting; very, very difficult to kill. Capable of lifting fifteen times their body weight, specialized “Heavies” may be capable of two-five times average; vision is approximately two thousand times better than a human’s, enabling them to see in the dark; onboard replenishing weaponry system holds an average five times more than any other species most advanced warship, specialized “Heavies” can hold up to ten times more armament; average rate of movement capable of moving at a lightspeed jump rate even whilst on ground, specialized “Runners” may be capable of two-five times average rate; robotic intelligence is extremely powerful and functions exactly like a human’s, giving the Nex Addo free will, freedom of speech, thought, personalities, human characteristics, etc.; etc.; etc.; etc. Can regenerate certain limbs and heal severe wounds with proper time and equipment.
     Limitations: While the Nex Addo possess shapeshifting abilities they are limited to movable robotic forms such as large aircraft/vehicles, specialized “Ship-Slicers” can be capable of shifting into enormous warships or multiple aircrafts; while the Nex Addo possess free will it is completely against their nature to disobey the Supreme Commander, such actions –if they did not override the organism’s systems –would result in the painful disembowelment of said organism by its comrades.

Species: Recro
     Description: Human; essential in the Nex Addos' salvation or redemption known as the Salus; born only once every ten thousand years.
     Allegiance: Unknown
     Force Capable: Yes
     Abilities: When fully mature the Recro becomes the most powerful Force-capable being, believed to be able to channel the powers of the Sator Totus Himself. To achieve his/her full potential, however, the Recro must join with the Nex Addos' deliverer known as their Proeliator. Only together and only they can destroy the darkness which waits to consume the universe once more.
     Limitations: Unknown

Agons are unavaibable for play at the moment but will come into the game later on. Vertoes will come into the game a little later on as well but their slots are open so you can go ahead and make a chacter APP or wait; your choice. APP is listed below; characters introduced later on in the RPG may not require an APP.

The role Recro is ESSENTIAL to the RPG but it is not a chosen role. It is bestowed. It will be open later on. However, your MAIN character must be human if you wish to have a shot at becoming this savior.

Surviving Machines of War
Being a giant-kick ass robot is great and all but you must remember you are in a military structure which means you must obey commanding officers and are to never, ever, ever disobey the Supreme Commander. Failure to comply may have your character removed from play. First warning.

So far the only two people who have proven to ME that they have star quality RPG talent is LSM and Jester. They are allowed commanding officer ranks should they choose Verto character(s) [standard military structure you two; all Admiral ranks are available with the exception of Fleet Admiral; it is restricted at this time].

Jest and LSM you are also allowed one Supreme Officer (may be any Navy rank with the escpetion of Fleet Admiral again). This is just an extremely powerful Verto who is personal linked to the Supreme Commander. Everyone else is allowed the ranks from Ensign to Lieutenant (Google for the ranks which are in between). The Verto military is usually informal but rank is required nonetheless.

As commanding officers I trust LSM and Jest to take exceptional good care of the grunts. This means no darksiding Jest. Each participant may control up to three Verto characters. Jest, you are allowed up to 7. LSM, you've proven yourself an efficent solider and I trust you to watch me back. Shall we say up to 10 or so? Yeah. That's good.

[Notice: Only Verto characters are restricted by number. Have fun with the other ones. Also, if you prove yourself you may gain addition Verto characters.]

Verto APP:

Name: Vertoes are always named in Latin. Google has a good translator. A list of names which  are essential to the storyline and have been reserved are listed below. You cannot use them.

Gender: Yes, they do have females. They may be giant robots but they have women. I can't forget my girls. And you guys... who are... as horny as ever?  big_smile You love me! lol

Species: Obviously Nex Addo

Homeworld: The Vertoes have three worlds which they originated from Cosi Rho, Yori Shih, and Prime. Prime is the main homeworld. Cosi Rho and Yori Shih and the two other planets in the system.

Age: Vertoes can live up to around 2-11 thousand years. Higher ranking Verto -which have been upgraded -can lived up to 17 thousand years. Supreme Officers -linked to the Supreme Commander -can live up to 50 thousand years.

Alliance: Supreme Commander; Nex Addo; Agon

Appearance: Body structure (i.e. Trooper, Officer, Heavy, Runner, Ship-Slicer, Assasin, etc.), paint color, missing parts, and all that other good stuff. [LSM and Jest, if your character is a commanding officer you must list "six arms" here if you want your character to have such. smile ]

Ship (if applicable): Vertoes can transform. o_O This is basically just what ship(s) the Verto shifts into more often. However, commanding officers may command ships. So you can put that here too. smile

Fleet (if applicable):

History (optional): Want to make up a history/background for your character but don't know how? PM me! I'll let you know all the good stuff about Verto society.

Character APP:

Name:

Species:

Homeworld (optional):

Age (optional):

Alliance:

Rank (if applicable):

Ship (if applicable):

Fleet (if applicable):

History (optional):

Reserved Name List
     DO NOT USE
Regina
Sortilegus
Maioribus
Validus
Bestia
Annuo Squad
Rector
Aredo
Exilialis
Fortis
Proprius
Ruina Squad
Corruo
Velox
Appar
Atar
Mort
Contemno
Venator
Levo
Avis
Canis
Morsus
Maximus
Vici
Vir
Sevo
Pantema

These are all from the old RPG so they’re sticking with me. I can’t let them die with that old thing. I’ll get APPs up later. I don’t have any female characters yet save Regina (OMG o_O) but I’ll get there.

Okay, decided to simply do my four main characters. All the other ones are kinda introduced in-game so there's no need for an APP really.

<\\> WARNING: SYSTEM BREACH DETECTED
          <\\ FIREWALL BREACHED
<\ SECURITY PROTOCOLS MUST BE ENFORCED
     > INITIATING IMMEDIATE SYSTEM SHUTDOWN_

… <\\> PLEASE STANDBY

<\ THIS TERMINAL HAS BEEN SEIZED BY {ID #:……….ERROR……….}[ANVIL]
>>[ANVIL]: INITIATING SYSTEM SEARCH…
          <\\ SECTION OPEN
{RI_OCA} SUBSECTION {CLASSIFIED}

>>[ANVIL]: …
>>[ANVIL]: FILE OPEN_
{PROJECT: ARCHAIC} SUBSECTION {SOCIETY}

>>[ANVIL]: BEGINNING DOWNLOAD…

>>{RI_OCA COMPUTER DATA FILE 825745A-7 [CLASSIFIED]}
     >>{CODENAME [THE UNDYING]}

/start fi/

Name: Unknown (alias Regina)

Species: Agon; possibly Morsinian [investigating]

Homeworld: Unknown

Age: Undetermined [First mentioned in Morsinian prophecy texts. Carodine dating puts them at 92 thousand years. Subject may/may not predate]

Alliance: Agon; Nex Addo

Ship: Unknown   

Fleet: Beast of Burden

History: Little is known about the woman known as Regina. Many ancient texts relay her as being as old as time itself, the immortal beauty and Queen of the Agon, who wages an eternal war against Vante and his darkest creature {CODENAME [REAPER OF SOULS]}.

Other texts dated prior to that weave a different tale. These parchments speak of her as an undying monster, the greatest tyrant to ever live; known for her ruthlessness, brutality, blood-thirst, and infamous for leading her {CODENAME [DEATH ARMIES]} in the sacking of thousands of worlds; the slaughter of billions of innocents in a endless desire of conquest.

It is difficult to discern truth from fiction. It is possible Regina was in fact both: a cold-blooded conqueror turned into the savior of her people.

Name: Maioribus (Nickname: Boss)

Species: Nex Addo; possibly once Agon [under investigation]

Homeworld: Prime

Age: Undetermined [First mentioned in Morsinian texts. Carodine dating puts them at 47 thousand years. Subject may predate]

Alliance: Supreme Commander; Agon; Nex Addo

Appearance: Body Structure: Ship-Slicer/Officer; Paint color(s): [ASSUMPTION] Steel and ice; six arms.

Ship: Undetermined [Ancient texts suggest a massive starcraft commonly called “Tyrfing”]

Fleet: Undetermined [Ancient texts suggest a fleet named “Ravenous”. Size remains undetermined]

History: Much like all of those involved with [THE UNDYING], little is known about the fabled Maioribus. This is more than likely due to the Nex Addo’s strict almost religious rule: No survivors. Mid-Morsinian texts simply name him “the right-hand of Reha’tynkir[‘traitor’ or ‘she who betrays’]”. Various other texts describe him as a number of things including “a demon with stolen wings”. It is believed he gained this name from the massive angel-like wings he once donned.

Recently discovered Bestian texts agree. In fact, the documents suggest Maioribus was once Agon, a Holy Warrior in the Grand Temple. Gravely injured in a battle to protect the Temple, it was decided his life-force would be forged into a Nex Addo… the first Agon to ever join the {CODENAME [DEATH ARMIES]} ranks. The wings were added by personal request but later removed.

Name: Validus

Species: Nex Addo

Homeworld: Yori Shih

Age: Undetermined [First mentioned in Morsinian texts. Carodine dating puts them at 39 thousand years. Subject may predate]

Alliance: Supreme Commander; Nex Addo, Agon

Appearance: Body Structure: Assassin/Officer; Paint color(s): [ASSUMPTION] Black; four arms

Rank: Supreme Vice Admiral; possibly the Supreme Commander’s personal assassin

Ship: Undetermined [Ancient texts suggest the starcraft known as “Grave Digger”]

Fleet: Undetermined [Ancient texts suggest the fleet named “Ravenous”. Size remains undetermined]

History: Synpiirean data recorded during the slaughter of the species slanders Validus, describing the grotesque method he employed; ripping his victims in half, coating his armor with their blood and then consuming their still-warm flesh. No other information on this subject has been uncovered.

[Opening Dossier]
[Dossier Retrieved]
[Error: Administrator Dossier is inaccessible. You will have to access the Lt. Colonel-grade dossier]

Name: Veritas [Translates roughly to The Truth]

Species: Nex Addo

Homeworld: Cosi Rho [While not as populous as the homeworld, Cosi Rho is birthplace of many warriors. Examples include [[Error: File Deleted]]. While this world is known to birthing Legendary Warriors, it is also the station of a key Factory, allowing for better upgrades.]

Age: 10, 950 [Warning: Veritas is due for some upgrades]

Alliance: Supreme Commander; Nex Addo; Agon

Appearance: A Heavy since birth, Veritas is known for his lack of a fourth arm. Lost in a battle with [Error: File Deleted], Veritas knows that the funding for repair is better off in other places. He is still fully functional, and has adapted to the lack of a fourth arm.

He is coated with a Forest Green Primary color, with a black and white secondary color. Further details are unavailable.

Ship: 'Traverser'

Fleet: Nemesis

History: Crafted/born on the planet of Cosi Rho, Veritas was trained by his mentor, [ERROR: Text Deleted], to be a Fleet Admiral. Unfortunately, things went wrong with his training. A rogue known as [Error: Text Deleted] kidnapped early Vertoes. 25 were kidnapped in total, and 24 remain erased from the history books.

The 25th, Veritas, was lost on the distant planet of Naboo. Around 5,000 years later, a Gungun awakened the lost Verto in the eastern swamps. It was unknown how he got so far away, but Veritas quickly befriended the native race in order to find the parts of him that had been scattered. After he had been restored to prime condition, he quickly killed the whole tribe of Gungun, and set off to serve the Supreme Commander once again.

Since Veritas came back to his Fleet, Nemesis, he has obtained the rank of Lieutenant, showing exceptional skill within the past 4,000 years. He is due for some upgrades, as he is reaching the end of the Vertoes natural lifespan. If he is not upgraded soon, his Fleet Admiral is afraid we will be saying goodbye to this old timer.

[End of Dossier]

You didn't include the appearance in the character app, but whatever. Also, tell me anything I did wrong. I plan on being a part of this til the end. wink Sorry for stealing your little computer thing, I needed a discreet way of adding information I thought was helpful.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc117/JaqNamikaze/Revan.png

2nd APP was for normal characters. Appearance was listed in Verto APP (i.e. the one with all the tid-bits).  smile And you did FANTASTIC! I love it! And the computer idea is free for use so no shame dear Cratus. As you said its easy to write usueful information... without really writing it.

I'll post some other helpful information later when I get the time (i.e. explaning Morsinian [linked to Morsus], Vante, Bestian, etc.)

Also, Cratus you've proven yourself a good RPGer in previous RPGs. Feel free to follow the guidelines I laid out for LSM and Jest (includes officer ranking Vertoes, one Supreme Officer, etc.)  big_smile Have fun!

REPUBLIC INTELLIGENCE TERMINAL 041782
     >>[USER]: {COMMAND: [DELETE FILES]

UPDATE: PLEASE SELECT FILES FOR TERMINATION...
     WAITING ON INPUT FROM USER...
     >>[USER]: FILES SELECTED_ {BESTIA} {CORADINE} {LIFEFORGERS} {MORSUS} {MORSINIANS} {REHA'KAAR} {VANTE}

URGENT: Do you want to view files to ensure accurate file termination? [Y/N]
     >>[USER]: [Y]

FILES OPEN_
     LOADING_PLEASE STANDBY...

{BESTIA}
>> A very intelligent species whose existence in the universe would have gone unnoticed if not for the {Nex Addo}. Discovered deep in the Unknown Region by the Supreme Commander early in her reign, a number of the creatures allegedly possessed the rare abillity of foreseeing the future. Removed from their homeworld by the Regina, however, the Bestia's numbers began to decrease drastically due to disease.
>> Fearing their extinction, Regina's {LifeForgers} created a new breed, infusing the species' flesh with downsized Nex Addo parts. This process produced very resilient Bestia, impervious to disease, and able to live up to four times longer than the species' original lifespan. However, the LifeForgers ensured enough of the original organism was left in each new Bestia so that the specimen maintained its psychic ability.
>> The Bestia became standard in the {Reha'kaar} following the species' adaptations. One Bestia known as {Sortilegus} was linked to the Supreme Commander herself. She was now able to forsee a surprise attack or an enemy's blade in a crucial moment. And so the Bestia helped bring about the darkest age the universe will ever know.

UPDATE: Believed to now be extinct. [investigating]

{CORADINE}
>>From the research scientist Mikhail Corad (2,067-2,112). Corad was very influential in determining the age of ancient material by a method now known as Coradine dating. Coradine dating is mostly used in discovering the age of parchments, specifically those involving Regina, Queen of the Agon; the Reha'kaar; {Morsus}, {Vante}, etc.

{LIFEFORGERS]
>>The blacksmiths of the Reha'kaar, the LifeForgers work in the "factories" of Prime, Cosi Rho, and Yori Shih. They are the creators of the immortal army, the 'han ku vie'[thieves of life]. They gain this name from the actions they perform.
>> In history, many believed that a lack of information regarding the Nex Addo was because of a "rule" so often said amongst them. Tanslated it roughly states "no survivors". Recent discoveries, however, describe something far different. There were billions upon billions of survivors.
>> These survivors were merely brought back to the "factories" on the Nex Addo homeworlds where LifeForgers would removed their life force from their bodies and transfer it into the empty shell-like body of a Nex Addo. The results formed a newly born Nex Addo, an entirely new being with no knowledge of its previous life and an unwavering loyalty to the Supreme Commander.

{MORSUS}
>> Not much is known about the Morsus or the Reaper of Souls as it is commonly called. Morsinian records descibe it as a monstrous dragon-like beast, the rival of Vante himself. Larger than even the Vertoean Fleet in its prime.
>> It is infamous for devouring entire species and consuming worlds. Other parchments found, believing to desribe this monster in more detail are unfortunately in an unknown language which has yet to be decyphered.

{MORSINIAN}
>> The undead followers of Morsus. Bestian records relay them as intelligent, ruthless, and battle-hardened. Suggests they may in fact be its victims, turned into its immortal puppets by some kinda of... "dark magic".

{REHA'KAAR}
>> The Morsinian name translates into "Her Undying". The offical name of the Verto Armies - {CODENAME [DEATH ARMIES]}.

{VANTE}
>> The overlord of karan['hell'].

URGENT: Do you wish to terminate selected files? [Y/N]
     >>[USER]: [Y]

NOTICE: REPUBLIC INTELLIGENCE CLEARANCE LEVEL 7 REQUIRED TO PURGE DATA RECORDS
     PLEASE INSERT PASSCODE
     >>[USER]: {PASSCODE: [OFFICE OF COVERT AFFAIRS: CLEARANCE CODE 19538467A-1]

ACSSES GRANTED
FILES TERMINATED_

GOOBYE...

Waiting on more people to join... come on guys...  big_smile

I'm so disappointed. Where is everyone? No one wants to join me in a new RPG?  neutral

i didnt really like it....sorry

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/115/4/1/rise_by_viper76-d631ijj.png

I'd like to join with my old character called George Kwei... But I'll need some pointers in this... I'm a little lost  roll

https://s32.postimg.org/8xe25ip4l/George_Kwei_2.jpg

This has just went over my head.

http://www.videogamesigs.com/generate/sigs/temp/VideoGameSigs4d8b8c0b1966d.png

It's the same as last time, hon. Humans versus giant robotic beings and their Masters(Agons) who want to utterly destroy the human race. But in the end the Vertoes have to help the humans survive because their species' survival depends on humanity's "Chosen One"(Recro) basically.

That is called irony

I know. Love the irony! lol

I'm still thinking about my character... I know, I'll call him George Kwei (again) and he's human and that he caries a silver lighsaber... I'll think about the rest more...

Take your time, dear. I really want LSM to join too...

*hint, hint LSM... wink, wink*  tongue lol

Name: George Kwei, Silver Knight
Species: Human
Homeworld (optional): Naboo
Age (optional): 25
Alliance: Se'en Khalar
Rank (Title): Master Lord,
Ship: Freedom (class: Light destroyer)
Fleet: The Order of Se'en Khalar (red hand) Small fleet that consists of dozen ship. The ship was once much larger, but most ships were lost during the horific battle of Mon Calamari few years ago
-Admiral: Riker
-General: Mat
- Fredoms bridge officers: Takayashi, Darko, Sasha, Adama and Joseph.
History (optional): Born on Naboo. Joined the Jedi order at age of 6, and left the order at the age of 18 after being approached by an Se'en Khalar agent. Earned the title of the Silver Knjght. Fought at the battle of Mon Calamari against the sith, won a phyric victory.

Yo, Starr! Is this okay? big_smile