Topic: More Powerful Force Choke

in the swkotor2 game trailer towards the end there is a Jedi or Sith female on the Onderon Skybridge that lifts a soldier a good 2 or 3 feet off of the ground and sticks a lightsaber straight into the soldiers body while he is suspended in the air..

it looks like the starwars jedi knight FPS game where you can choke and throw them around and throw your saber at them...

but the preview movie in the kotor2 game clearly shows a woman, maybe in arca's robe, lifting a pretty lifeless body way up off the ground  from close range, then a moment later sticks the saber right into the guy

is that possible in the game?

or was it just some upsell move for the  trailer?

I have tried it as a consular, sentinel, and guardian, light side and dark side, male and female, force restrict, force choke and force kill, but never had success..

I've never tried it as a master...

anyone know how to get this stronger off the ground choke?

also, the time between the choke and the strike was quite short, I have used master speed with master flurry melee attack with a single saber, 2 sabers, and a doublesaber, still no success

thanks for any helpful advice anyone has

it would make gameplay alot more enjoyable

Re: More Powerful Force Choke

You are referring to Force Crush. This is available to Sith Lords only.

Am I right?

force crush, i've never heard of it.. kotor2 right?

thanks alot.. probably that, i will look into it

how do i become a sith lord?  evil deeds alone?

you cant start the game as anything other than a jedi, right?

The Dark Lord of the Sith,Oct 1 2007, 12:45 PM wrote:

You are referring to Force Crush. This is available to Sith Lords only.

Am I right?

that "crush opponent" wasnt the move, that was crush will, maybe cool but it looked lame because nothing happened, i guess you demoralized them though... you ought to hope so i guess, there  is no physical manifestation of any damage...

i also noticed that there were 6 unknown force powers... i think there were just 5 with the sith...

anyone know how and where to get those? are they just the saber forms u get from the jedi?

are there actually new powers?

anyway, the choke thing could be a gained power, but i thought since there was already a choke that it wouldnt make sense to add a separate off-the-ground choke unless the programmers are as crazy about that move as I am, which i doubt..

i saved the game at the point just before you can choose to be sith maurader, sith assassin, or sith lord, or jedi weapon master, Jedi master, and the other one, I forget now..

then i used the addlightside and adddarkside cheats and chose all 6 characters from that same saved point and saved them all in 6 new slots

then i used the addlevel cheat to raise each player to level 50 then ai hit auto level up for each and checked their powers and feats

really nothing too special, light/dark persuade, sneak attack, camoflauge, and all the weapon and power attacks for mauraders and weapon masters

but all of them still had 6 empty slots

but that was before i encountered any of the jedi to teach me a form, I supose that would be another 3

but i ran out after and tried to choke an opponent with each character, and also used all their new powers but it still didnt work

strenght, will, dexterity, wisdom, intelligence etc were all above 100 using the 'set' cheat

but i havent found anyone else in the game to teach me other force powers..

anyone have any ideas where in the game u can get the other force powers?

i am beginning to think that movie was made before the game was released with a toned-down choke..

am i on kiddie mode? does anyone have a cheat for increased blood and gore or more graphic violence?

:ph34r:

To get Force Crush, you need to go Dark Side during the game, then when giving the choice to choose a Special class you choose Sith Lord. Then, when you go to all the planets to kill the Jedi and return to Dantooine, you gain the Force Crush power. It's not difficult.

Crush Will is a totally different move. Force Crush literally crushes the opponent.

alright, i'll go check it out...

but by then the game is pretty close to over...

is there anyway to cheat and get it earlier?

or is it just that all the jedi must be killed?

im a little disappointed in the length of this game...

can i just go to the world, and kill the jedi and not do any of the other missions so I could get the power and still have all the missions left to complete?

after you kill all the jedi you are forced to play non-force characters alot, then the game ends..

if i could use crush the whole time i'd be way happier..

im guessing maurader wont work, just sith lord, right?

alright, let me know if u know any way to get it earlier in the game

thanks alot,

B)

Just Sith Lord and there are no ways of getting it earlier. No cheats. You can just kill all the Jedi but then you have to go back to all the planets and do all the side-missions. The length for my first play through of Kotor II was 40 hours+.

40 hours? really? my first time through i didnt use any cheats  and i dont think it was that long... but then, it seemed i had alot of unfinished missions in my journal..

actually i kind of thought it was the product of some glitches or doing things out of order or something..

come to think of it i wasnt really strong enough to face kreia or the other 2 sith lords, but i defeated them just with force speed and running away from them, attack and run and attack and run..

it was alittle lame...

i dont think i reached level 50...

it was on medium difficulty but i have also played it on hard and it just doesnt seem there was enough people to kill to gain enough experience points fast enough

once you killed somebody they just disapeared from the game..

there was definitely a finite number of people in the game, like a set number

and there would never be more of any of them if you revisited any of the places you have been

so really the game just ran out of things to do and people to kill and experience to gain...

anyway... off topic... but you've been a great help... thanks, i know what i have to do now..

maybe i can try to speed past all the enemies and get to the jedi without really talking to anyone or killing anyone, even if im engaged in battle, i could just speed away

you dont go back and forth to planets much?

there are some interplanetary missions... but they dont reallly complete well...

such as the new fuel source, which i tried negotiating from the hutts

then there seems to be some unfinished business with atris that i guess is just left to kreia

and the interplanetary trade route for the merchant..

onderon seems closed off when it seems there should be more.. does it ever reopen?

and on dantooine i never got to cash in on the will.. and all the open missions ended after the battle and the planet just became useless to visit again...

anyway, it really seemed the first time i played i just hit each planet once, except korriban due to alignment,

then on gotos ship, I never did find him.. is he findable?

then it seems i was on malachor 5, i was bao durs remote, and bastilla

killing the two sith lords as well, the cracked skin sith and the masked sith

once i was on malachor there was no way back to any of the other planets...

then it was killing kreia, and the game ended

did i miss anything?

anyway, thanks for the info..

i guess i probably spent 40 hours on it.. most of them were consecutive..

i just feel like there should have been alot more

:ph34r:

allow me to corect you. all you need to do is fall o the dark side and not even kill one of the masters to gain force crush. and you can be any type of sith. i was a sith marauder and it did it for me.

P.S. the sith lord class sucks!!! its all about the marauder. big_smile

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3416/renegadeprincejpg.jpg

Prince of the light side,Oct 3 2007, 11:38 PM wrote:

allow me to corect you. all you need to do is fall o the dark side and not even kill one of the masters to gain force crush. and you can be any type of sith. i was a sith marauder and it did it for me.

P.S. the sith lord class sucks!!! its all about the marauder. big_smile

do u think it depends which jedi master you kill? if u kill him first or last maybe you get the power?

and does the force crush you speak of have visible damage? i.e. can you see the opponent suffering in pain?

just play through Kotor II as dark side and a sith lord, play through it normally and you'll get Force Crush. It lifts the opponent in the air and then makes them wriggle a little bit. It deals a lot of damage. I think if you Google it you'll find your answer...

You don't need to be Sith lord to get Force Crush. You can be any Sith class to get it.
You get when you come to Dantooine , when Krei uses Force Death Field on you.

Attack on ground where your enemy believes you will not, from an unexpected direction at an unexpected time. Defend where your enemy believes you are not, and when he believes you will run. Surprise is the key to victory, and speed is the key to surprise. For the soldier, speed is life.

Qui suis-je?

george kwei, that what i'm trying to tell them. but they all think you have to be a sith lord. YOU DONT

if you dont believe me, trt it for yourself.

Don't double post, edit if you need to add something.

And fine, I believe you. I don't really care, though. I'm just trying to help this guy solve his problem.

Prince of the Light side you are probably wrong, I have played the game as every possible class and light and dark side, and the only way to get Force Crush is to be a Sith Lord, I have the Prima Offical Guide to KOTOR II and it says'Force Crush-Restricted to Sith Lord.' and also i would argue that Sith Lord is the most powerful class, I've managed to Force Confuse Darth Sion to be on my team and kill him with one Force Crush.

A fool and his ammo is soon parted

I aqree with Prince here. The marauder is the best Sith class...

Attack on ground where your enemy believes you will not, from an unexpected direction at an unexpected time. Defend where your enemy believes you are not, and when he believes you will run. Surprise is the key to victory, and speed is the key to surprise. For the soldier, speed is life.

Qui suis-je?

Rtas you are wrong you do not have to be a sith lord to get force crush. i was a marauder and i force crushed kreia.

What a nice scene...  tongue  big_smile  lol

Qui suis-je?

yeah, but i used master power attack to make it look like you actually cut her hand off.