Topic: Kotor2 And Crossfire

Sorry my first post has to be so foolish, but I have a problem.  Played TSL for a couple years now and truly love it.  Recently built a new system and reinstalled it and it played fine, though with alarmingly low FPS (35 FPS average) while on medium settings.  Just noticed after playing for 3 days that my video cards were actually not in Crossfire mode (2x HD 3470 Radeon cards).  So, thinking that activating them could improve my FPS, I linked them, restarted, and started the game again.  Got past the initial screen showing the copyrights, then the screen goes blank, save for the cursor, and the PC restarts.  Did this several times, with the only variance being a single BSOD in between restarts.

Frustrated at this, and knowing I have the most recent drivers and even rolling them back once, I deactivate the Crossfire and restart.  Reload the game and PRESTO!  It works just fine.  Still stuck where I was previously, but at least I can play it again.

Sorry for the above ranting, it was a disappointing couple hours I spent trying to get it working, but I do have questions: am I alone in this situation?  If I am not, has anyone found a way to make KOTOR2 work with dual Radeons?  Any input would be nice, even if there is a simple "no, we've tried and it simply does not work" I would be appreciative.

**Update**

Just tried it again on my other system, just for kicks.  This one is the same CPU and RAM (4400+ and 2 gigs PC6400) only running Hybrid Crossfire on a 780G board with an HD 3450- same results.  Disabling the Crossfire lets me play, but with it on it crashes.

Re: Kotor2 And Crossfire

First off welcome to the site and I hope you stay and keep posting. I have not came across that problem because I only play it on X-Box.

http://imageshack.us/a/img26/9664/newjestersigfinal.jpg