Topic: Star Wars: The Noonian Sector; The Revery Massacre

(Set about 300-325 years after the original Noonian Sector.)

Kairion frowned. He reread the report multiple times; each time he shook his head. He sat at a desk in his personal quarters at the Jedi temple. He was watching a Holorecord of his Brother Darren’s exploits, and his recent promotions to the SpecForces Command Staff. The report popped up and interrupted him. Only three kind of reports bypassed his security measures. They either had to do with one of his Padawans, his brother Darren, or his adopted brother Jedi Master Alarion. Usually speaking these reports were not happy ones. As it were, this report was very unpleasant. It had been reported that on a small planet in the Noonian Sector, his brother had been caught massacring Sith.
Revery appeared blue from space, and on the planet there were aquamarine seas, green and gold land, and pink clouds could be seen in the sky. A perfect place for a rogue, or independent Sith to operate. Kairion exited the cockpit of his star fighter, the T7 unit chirping loudly.
He waved his gloved hand, “No, go ahead and stay here, I hopefully won’t be long. Though if I am please, send a distress signal. Things may go very wrong here.”
The droid sounded off a series of beeps and chirps. The Jedi Elder walked away from the fighter, and handed several credit chips to the docking assistant. He nodded to the man as he moved past him. He could sense a strong presence of the darkside on this planet. He took a deep breath and calmed himself, finding peace and comfort in the Force. His first move would to be the cantina, easy information especially from intoxicated individuals. He stepped inside the dimly lit room, allowing his eyes to adjust to the light. It was rather sparse, however there were several people at the bar. The Jedi made his way there, and ordered a small cup of Tarisian wine. He nodded to the other occupants, and smiled.
“A lovely day today.” He said, his voice muffled as he brought the wine to his lips.
The other nodded and raised their cups in response, “Aye, and let's hope it stays that way!” The others at the bar echoed this sentiment.
Kairion smiled, his bearded cheeks turning red as the wine warmed his throat, “Indeed, I certainly hope so!” He leaned closer to the Twi’lek that had made the comment, “Say, has there been any strange happenings the past few days?”
The Twi’lek’s lekku twitched, and he lowered his voice, “Indeed, a lot of trouble has been coming out of the mountains lately, a Jedi Master went up that way three days ago. Haven’t seen him since, however there has been several cloaked figures coming down from there.” His eye twitched, and he took another drink of whatever foul drink was in his cup, a smile playing on his lips.
Kairion nodded and finished his wine, “Thank you for information, and company friend.” he tossed a few 1000 credit chips on the bar, “All the drinks are on me the rest of the night!” he said happily, and moved towards the door, leaving the drunks behind.
He stepped into the fresh cool air, smelling the salt on the wind. He made his way quietly up the mountain, his dark brown robes helping him stay relatively hidden in the dark. He searched for a while until he found a cleverly hidden door. It of course was locked, and he did not plan to force his way in. He was tired from his travel and the wine was affecting him. He found a hiding spot well away from the door, though it was still in sight. He rested for a few hours before he heard the door open. Moving silently he approached the door, watching two figures talk.
“I don’t give a damn! You’re going to do what you’re told, or I am going to let that Jedi Master have a chance at you. No go on! Get going, we haven’t got all day. It won’t be too long before word gets out that the Jedi has been captured; When that happens we are going to have big problems.” The figure speaking was cloaked in white robes with vibrant red mask covering his face.
“You’re going to pay for this Kaz’Dar! Mark my words, this is a mistake sending me, it doesn’t feel right, you’re going to need me, I know it!” This time it was the one being kicked out. He wore black robes with a purple mask.
“You’re wrong Zeverain. Simply wrong.” Kaz’dar gave the other figure named Zeverain a shove, and moved back towards the door.
The door closed quietly as the Sith walked back towards the inner sanctum. Following stealthily behind him was Kairion, using the force as best he could to hide himself. As they moved deeper into the mountain the rock walls eventually molded into grey durasteel, finally ending in a dull white room where many hooded and cloaked figures stood. Two ranks stood, those in White and Red robes, and those in Black and purple robes. In total Kairion counted maybe 40 bodies. There were three halls leading out of the large circular room including the one the man he was following was emerging from. It was clear a meeting of some sort was being called. As the man exited the hall the lights went out. Seconds later three fires were lit, from one end of the room to the other between the two sections. Kairion used the shadows to his benefit. Reaching out with the force he probed around searching for Alarion. Opening his eyes he stepped into the room, and made his way as quietly as possible towards the hall farthest from him.
He was nearly into the other hall when the room went silent. He hadn’t realized it, but the cloaked figures had been chanting in ancient sith, not any more. Every eye in the room was focused on his crouched figure.
“A visitor! Welcome uninvited guest.” It was the one called Kaz’Dar, he stepped off a raised dais that head of the room.
“Uh....Yeah.” Kai stood, and gave a wave, “I suppose uninvited is fair.”
“Please...Jedi, tell me what brings you to our humble ceremony?”
“Well....actually I was just passing through” And with that Kai shot down the hall as fast as he could. Left, right, left, left, straight ahead.
“After him!” The Sith shouted his voice shaking the room. The robed figures rushed after the Jedi hoping to catch him.
Kai was maybe 100 meters from a sealed door when out of two side passages stepped two white robed figures. Not missing a beat he called his lightsabers to his hands, vaulting over them. Spinning in mid air he activated the blades, and decapitated the two figures just as their crimson blades sprang to life. Landing, one knee on the ground, he got back up and took off again. Reaching the door he thrust his lightsabers into the center, dragging them in a circle, blazing a hole in the 4 meter thick metal. Diving inside, he used the force to launch the circle down the hall bashing into several robed figures rushing forward.
He looked around the room, his brother was held up by his hands, in a stasis field. Rushing forward he deactivated it, and caught his brother. He Set him against a wall and slapped him, retrieving the saber staff resting on a table.
‘Rise and shine, beautiful! I don’t have time for breakfast or coffee.” He threw the saber staff at the Jedi master.
Alarion snapped awake catching the saberstaff and igniting it, the purple blades glowing brightly. He stood up and looked around. At that moment the door was flung open with a powerful force blast. Jumping to the side Kairion reignited his lightsabers, and stepped into the gap, slicing down three figures in quick succession.
“They are going to regret that.” Kaz’dar shouted from down the hall. He along with 6 others were standing there.
“We are beyond any of you.” Alarion whispered into their minds.
The sith at the end of the hall looked around confused as the Jedi Master emerged from the interrogation room. Each stepped forward. Alarion was quicker, moving with impossible speed, he met them, crouching down and spinning as he ran. He cut off the legs of the two nearest to him. As he raised up, still spinning he cut them in half. Kaz’dar vaulted over Alarion as more cultists entered the hall. He landed in front of Kairion with a heavy slash. Kairion raised his left blade up, blocking the attack, slashing low with his own blade. Slash. Duck, backhand. Sidestep, forward slash. Dodge, spinning kick, slash. The two twirled around their blades a blur of blue and red, clashing and leaving marks on the walls.
Alarion smiled, blood staining his white teeth and dark skin. He rushed forward blocking the three attacks that came at him, and pushing out with the force shoving them backwards into their allies. He move too quickly for them to see leaving behind bloodied bodies, and limbs. The sith started to fall back fearing for their lives. None escaped save one, and he was missing both arms. He ran the the exit the be greeted by Zeverain who quickly cut his head from his body with a swift motion.
He knew this would happen. He should never have left, he walked forward cautiously stepping over bloodied legs and arms. The sight was gruesome, blood was everywhere. He heard shouting and screams coming from the far hall. Rushing forward he was in time to see the prisoner use the force to rip Kaz’dar’s throat out.
“How very dark of you, Jedi.” He held out his lightsaber pointing it at Alarion, “You lost to me before, and you shall again.” With that Zeverain rushed Alarion, swiftly overpowering him.
“Enough!” Kairion shouted as he stood, his outer robe tattered. He force pushed Zeverain back, and used the force to knock out Alarion. “Enough.”
Zeverain chuckled and shook his head, “Nay, we need more bloodshed!” he screamed and rushed the Jedi.
Kai took the offensive. He made a couple quick slashes at Zeverain ; Zeverain  blocked him with the ease of a practiced swordsmen. Kai realized that he was. He brought an overhead strike, but Zeverain  blocked that as well and shoved Kai away. The two combatants glowered at each other as they went back to their original stances. Kai attacked again, this time much more quickly; Zeverain  blocked him again. He went for Zeverain ’s chest; he countered and went for Kai’s. Kai barely fended off the blow. Zeverain  attempted to sever his hand, but he launched himself in a somersault over Zeverain 's weapon. Kai tried an backhanded slash to get at Zeverain 's throat, but he blocked him again. When he tried to follow up on the parry with a swipe at Kai’s legs, He blocked and reversed Zeverain 's momentum into a shove of his own. “Truly you are a Jedi.” Chuckled Zeverain , “But you stand little chance, even if I die, you will not win.”
Kai scowled. "You'll find I'm a great deal stronger than you anticipate!" He slashed at Zeverain 's legs, missed, and brought his blade above his head to counter a strike from Zeverain . Their blades locked, and the two duelists stared into each other's eyes. Kai's expression was pure focus, his icy stare daring Zeverain 's demonic gaze to push back. Kai broke the blade lock, attacked again, but Zeverain  parried and brought his blade down hard on Kai's in an effort to break his grip. He held on, and they locked blades once more. With a hard shove Kai was pushed back, and Zeverain  jumped high into the air. Coming down on top of Kai, or so he thought, where Kai had been was now empty air. Kai was focused now; he used the Force to augment his normal athletic abilities, pushing himself to superhuman extent. In a flash of movement Kai was in front of Zeverain , they locked their blades briefly, and Kai was gone in another flurry of motion, he appeared behind Zeverain , slashing at his legs, the Sith was too slow, cut down, his lower calf now blazed with a freshly cauterized wound. Kai was a whirlwind of movement, his danced around Zeverain  with precision, again he stopped, parrying a strike from the Sith, flashing behind him he severed the Sith’s head in one fluid motion.
Kairion kneeled taking several deep breaths. He fell back against a wall his legs kicked out in front of him. The smell of blood, and burning flesh was thick in the air. He sat there for some time before he moved. He stood up, and picked up Alarion. He stepped his way through the massacre, and made his way to the docking authorities. He found Alarion’s ship, and placed his body on the ship detailing the droid to take him back to the fleeting.
“He needs medical attention.”
“Right away, sir.” the droid made himself busy, and prepared the ship for take-off.
Meanwhile Kairion made his way back to his own star fighter. He sat down in the cockpit, and had his T7 unity take off.
“Set a course for Tython.” He said and laid his head back falling asleep.
Several hours later his was back in his quarters typing up a report of the event. His mind was troubled by Alarion’s vicious actions. This was not who is brother was, nor would he allow it be who he became. It was with this thought that Kairion spent many hours meditating, before he was interrupted by one of his padawans.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/115/4/1/rise_by_viper76-d631ijj.png

Re: Star Wars: The Noonian Sector; The Revery Massacre

I enjoyed that very much.  big_smile

http://imageshack.us/a/img26/9664/newjestersigfinal.jpg