Re: The Dark Unknown (rpg) Sign Up

"That doesn't mean it's fixed." Shab corrects. "Will you be able to track them if they're not still where they said they are?"

-----

Astra took a breath, there was only one logical reason she could think of, but she didn't want to admit it. "Because it wasn't real." She replied. "If it was a real memory, she'd only have to reach out and open her mind. The fact that she had to force her way into mine to leave her message suggests that it was fabricated."

-----

Xam left Lilithen to her moping, making a note not to rely on the woman in any situation. Anyone who was that determined not to show any weakness for fear of others judgement's wasn't to be trusted, and were weaker in ways that were more dangerous than they realised. They were also excellent liars, and despite her own brilliant ability to lie, she knew to be wary of such people. She found Nei in the corridor. "Eavesdropping? I'm almost proud." She joked quietly as she looked at what Nei was looking at.

Nei was in tune with her surroundings because of the Force, so she wasn't surprised by Xam's almost silent approach. "I call it learning."

=====

"This is possibly the worst idea either of us have ever had..." Shkala muttered.

"Normally I'd agree, but they've already forced us to abandon three hiding places. Our best chance is the escape pods, and our luck improves when allied with the Force." Kric retorted equally quietly as they crawled.

"And we should have one on board." Shkala vocalised the unspoken part. "But by finding her we expose ourselves to the entire crew, and security systems."

"Got a better idea?" Kric challenged, pausing to turn to look at her and she pulled a face. She was too nice to want to abandon someone who was on their side.

-----

Fraya reclined in the captains chair, listening to the Force and weighing up whether or not to just kill them, or to let them think she was still on their side, that she had been imprisoned, and go back to infiltrating. She had some time to make up her mind yet, though. She intended to make the most of that time to make her decision.

Hobby writer, here's my sci-fi;
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36579/endeavour

“I know my ship and I feel those two could slow the ship for us enough to catch up.” Kraven stares forward, determined.

“So what you think she is planning?” Nitsua questions.

To be one with the force, you must be one with yourself.

Shab nodded, and told Kraven to wake her when they were nearer the coordinates they'd set, and curled up in the copilots chair to nap.

-----

Astra sighed. "I don't know." She admitted. "But it can't be good. To violate a mind like that..." She trailed off and took a breath. "But how can I judge her without hearing her tell it? Once we rescue her, we can find out if she has been lying to us and how dangerous she is if she has."

-----

Both Nei and Xam decided that they needed rest within a few minutes of each other, with Xam leaving first for the dorm, deciding that once she knew Fraya might be dangerous, the specifics - especially force related - were irrelevant. Nei continued listening for a moment but also determined that she wasn't going to learn anything useful by staying.

=====

Fraya sat up straight as she made her decision, before using her hands to push herself out of the chair. "I want two adjacent holding cells cleared." She declared. "I shall be borrowing one of them, and there are two stowaways from Nar Shadaa who you can find here." She explained, leaning over one of the crewmen to bring up the ship schematics to alert them to where Shkala and Kric were hiding.

“I can save them, been through worse, should be easy enough.” Kraven thinks, trying to convince himself of his action, knowing the ship isn’t 100%.

As she finds a more secure spot on the ship Lillithen sits and tries rest for the encounter, thoughts swirl through her head, “Just a mistake...shouldn’t hide...had no right...I’m sorry...deserves worse”.

“Regardless, she hurt you and put you in danger, there needs to be some consequences for those actions, hopefully after we save her, there can be answers,” Nitsua replies with empathy and a bit of anger, he rests his hand on her shoulder in an attempt to comfort, and pulls back to get into position for meditation, “Until then, let us rest for good.”

Kric and Shkala dropped out of the ventilation system again into a quiet store room, hoping to try and take stock of their immediate options. Hiding wasn't a realistic option, but they couldn't just keep crawling around in the ducts either.

They didn't have a chance to get back into them as a team of Sith stormed the room before they had a chance. They did put up a fight, but were quickly subdued, and before they knew what had really happened they were in a holding cell.

"Should I ask what happened to you two?" Came Fraya's voice from the cell next door.

“We’re closing in, the ship isn’t looking super hot, but I think she’ll be fine,” Kraven says aloud.

Nitsua has been in a deep meditation, feeling better since the battle with the droid. He stretches and heads to the cockpit.

Sara Jane awoke some time ago, but continues to lay down and act like she asleep, still questioning whether to go on with these people. She has a sense of obligation to them, “They have helped me this whole time, well except on Junkka, that was more based on urgency,” however, she doesn’t owe anyone, they didn’t have the choice, “I could just go, not like anyone can stop me.

Lillithen’s been in a haze ever since her conversation with Xam, with troubled and unkempt mind, she isn’t in a good spot.

Cray, Ly and Arlen have been talking about schemes they can do to get the most loot out of he next fight, without having to really get involved.

Last edited by Taustin17 (2018-05-31 15:12:57)

"I guess same as you." Shkala replies, watching Kric as he examines their new home.

"Why aren't you with the others?" Fraya asked.

"Either we couldn't make it back to the ship before the docks collapsed, or we saw you come onto this ship." Kric replied absent mindedly.

"Take your pick." Shkala added too brightly for their situation.

"How noble." Fraya decided. "However, the fact that we are both in a cell suggests that it hasn't gone according to plan."

Shkala giggled. "When there's no plan, it can't fail."

"That is completely crazy." Fraya observed.

"So is surviving in Junkka gangs." Kric replied by way of explanation. "Do you still have that knife I bought you?"

"The one with the jade handle?" Shkala checked, Kric nodded. "Yeah."

Kric gave her a small, smug smile. "Good, keep it handy." He added, indicating to a small panel next to the electrical field keeping them locked in. Shkala nodded as she understood why he wanted it and settled into a relaxed but ready position. There was no point wasting an opportunity until they could use it.

==========

"Well, I've ridden in worse." Shab agrees as she stretches from waking up from her nap. "But let's try and avoid any fire fights. Can we do this quietly?"

=====

Xam is already sitting up on her bunk when Nei wakes up and frowns at the ceiling when she realises she's awake and remembers what's to come. "Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is madness."

Nei rolled enough to reach for the earpiece to make her voice implant work to put it back in. "Then why do you stay?"

"Where would I go?" Xam teased. "With nowhere to go, I might as well make myself useful." She paused, then shrugged. "Besides, this way I earn a few favours and make up for a few I owe."

"So you stay out of obligation?" Nei asked.

"No." Xam corrected. "Just because I owe them doesn't mean I have to pay my debt now. Hell, Shab and I owe each other so many I don't think either of us know any more." She admitted. "Besides, a favour is much better when used well not just fast."

"Is it not worse to not know when someone will come calling to collect?" Nei asked, genuinely curious.

Xam shrugged. "Didn't make much difference, given my line of work, it's always dangerous."

Nei looked to Sara Jane, who was still snuggled in her blankets. "We should let her sleep. Do you know how far out we are?"

Xam didn't know, but suggested they should probably have something to eat beforehand. But not too much.

=====

Astra senses Nitsua go, as she drifts out of her own meditation trance, she casts her senses out over the ship and it's crew. Letting the feelings flow over her for a moment to settle, before getting up and following Nitsua. "Some of our crew are not ready for a fight." She tells him as she arrives just after him.

Shab and Kraven share a look at that news. "When I said quietly I was hoping I could hack the ships guns to avoid the worst, not quiet as in we can't do this so don't try." She muttered

“Quiet was never an option,” Kraven grins. “I believe in us,” he continues as he starts flying around the sith ship.

“This won’t be good,” Nitsua glared at Kraven, “I didn’t think death was so appealing to you.”

“Captain Kraven, sir, we have the turrets locked and ready to be destroyed,” Lysander comms. Craytillo has the other turret, the Rodian is cheating from the side, “Boom?”
———————————
The former Jedi Master wakes in his cell, many guards keeping eyes on him. “Release me! How dare you? Once I don’t respond back, this place will be a bloodbath.” He keeps yelling with no one breaking to his whims.

“I’m sorry to be the one to inform you, but they already sent someone down to tell us that you’re no longer needed, and was going to tell us something before we killed them,” Nelsin appears from the shadows.
———————————————
Meia circles Danden, “You don’t belong here, I sense that you’re weak, and foolish.” She feels that he will put himself into danger and notices the Mandalorian pieces of armor are older, from the wars of long ago, before the Order sent her on this mission, they told her to research the emotions and actions of the fallen Jedi.

“Quiet girl. He has armor from my brothers. He deserves our respect.” Mandalore shows his admiration to the mercenary.

Last edited by Taustin17 (2018-06-05 01:58:27)

"Boom?" Astra asked weakly.

"Sir?" Shab asked, actually turning from the console in front of her that she'd been using to check on their progress and what options she'd had available to attempt. "Where in the galaxy did you find people who would address you as sir? And why are they on board?"

"And when they say the turrets are locked and ready to be destroyed, they do mean they intend to destroy the ship, and not sabotage our turrets?" Astra checked.

=====

"I don't suppose you got a good look at this place?" Kric asked.

"It's a Sith ship, what is there to look at?" Fraya replied.

"Layout." Shkala prompted.

"We are in a prison cell, what use is the ship's layout?" Fraya challenged.

"Personally I prefer to have too much knowledge than not enough." Shkala corrected. "So, do you know anything?"

“Alright, first things first, he’s being a smart-ass. Secondly, the boom, that the Rodian is referring to is an over exaggeration. Thirdly, they helped us escape Nar Shadaa. Lastly, our turrets are locked because we are going to do a few fly by’s to test if they have shields and if we can destroy their systems. Do it boys,” shots are released on command as Kraven is done talking.

“I’m trusting you,” Nitsua has a panicked look on his face.
——————————
The Executioner crew tries to settle with their new members now that they sort have been introduced.

"Okay, then what's your backup plan for when they do have shields and better guns than us?" Shab asked, monitoring the vitals for the other ship as Kraven had the helm controls.

=====

All three occupants of the prison looked up as a call went out for everyone to man their stations. No alarms or sirens, which meant they weren't entirely sure what was going on. "I'm not sure that's normal." Shkala decided.

"No, it's not." Fraya agreed.

Kraven smiles, “The Twi’lek is a genius, just so you know, he will be able to turn our blaster fire into ion charges, the shields; if they have any, should be damaged enough for a small group of us to get in. That is where the real crazy part starts.”

Shab chooses not to say anything on that matter, suddenly feeling that her technical skills were unappreciated, and realising that that would only make her act unfairly towards someone she hadn't met, and therefore couldn't accurately appraise their skills. She also wanted to ignore the fact that that bothered her at all.

"Tell me you don't plan to fly this ship - or the swoop bike we stole - through that cruiser?" She asks instead, not actually sure what she wants the answer to be.

“Funny you should mention that, how is everyone’s swoop skills?” asked the Captain.

Nitsua contemplates, “Not very good I’m afraid.”

None of the gunners or their amused friend answer.

Non-story - who's "the captain"?

==================================================

"You mean our fearless pilot isn't volunteering?" Shab teased, before opening the comm and asking Xam up to the cockpit.

It didn't take long for Xam to join them, and Nei had come with her. "What's up?"

"When was the last time you were on a swoopbike?" Shab asked.

Xam chuckled. "Not long enough ago." She replied with a chuckle. "Why?"

"I believe Kraven and Nitsua are crazy enough to want someone to pilot a swoopbike into a Sith cruiser to rescue our missing members." Astra summarised.

"And let's face it, you're an expert at getting into enemy bases." Shab added.

"Quietly."

"Sounds like what you need is someone with quick reflexes." Nei suddenly piped up. "Why not a Force-sensitive?"

‘Tis Kraven, Nitsua gave Kraven the ship earlier.
—————————
“I need to stay onboard here, no one has the same experience with this shop as I do...other than him,” pointing to the male Jedi, “however, I don’t think putting one such as him in danger, I mean they already have one of you.”

Nitsua just lets him go.

Sara Jane is still resting.

Lillithen appears, “You do need a force-sensitive. You need a more powerful one to give a better chance of survival.”

Shab suddenly looks up from the console. "I can hack it." She realised. "If we load the trailer with suits for them, I can pilot it in and out from here." She paused as everyone looked at her. "Well, unless one of you Force-sensitives can pilot a swoop?"

"I have piloting experience, but a ship, not a swoop." Astra replied.

"None at all." Nei added.

Lillithen straightens up, “I have experience, however Coruscant didn’t give me a serious competitive outlet, this seems a bit more extreme.”

Nitsua thinking it through, “Naturally I have to decline, not to say I’m upset by that.”

"Okay, so do you trust me remote piloting or Lilithen's fast reflexes more?" Shab asked. "Because we're coming within range and we're gonna need to make a decision soon."

"She has experience and the Force on her side, Lilithen probably has a better chance." Astra admitted.

"But are you ready to handle whatever you find over there?" Xam asked. "I think that Shab has more experience of these kinds of situations."

“I say strap both of you on the bike and send it, best for everyone,” Kraven suggests.

“It could work,” Nitsua considers looking into his mind to find a way to work it.

“That’s crazy, but we all kinda have been lately.” Lillithen shrugs off the dangerous aspect of what is being said.