Re: The Dark Unknown (rpg) Sign Up

Xam frowns. "Did you check over the environmental systems?"

"When?" Shab asks drily by way of reply, turning to the console she's next to, as her suit-scanners have flagged up strange atmosphere content too. "We need to make dock somewhere to make repairs, now." Shab explained.

Hobby writer, here's my sci-fi;
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36579/endeavour

"Any suggestions are good right now." Nitsua asks the group

To be one with the force, you must be one with yourself.

"Dare I suggest Nar Shaddaa?" Xam asked.

"Anyone have have any ideas that won't get us sold to anything and everything?" Nitsua bargained.

"Well I can guarantee that a few of us can pull some strings," Kraven added.

"What's Nar Shadaa?" Sara Jane managed to peep out.

"Where happiness goes to die sweetie." Lillithen chimed in.

"I prefer to think of it as where happiness goes to hide, but yeah." Shab interjected. "I reckon we can pull some strings to get a dock long enough to repair, and supplies." She paused. "You still got your contacts on Nar?"

Xam shrugged. "Probably." She agreed. "A lot of my channels closed when Junkka was bombed, but I should be able to reopen a few."

Shab nodded. "I docked the Kipper there recently, they should still be relatively sweet for me, with a few extra creds."

The ship lands on the docks of Nar Shardaa. Everyone gathers in the living quarters. "So, I'm just gonna say it, all force users or sensitives remain on the ship. It seems where ever you go, things literally get blown up." Kraven looks at each Jedi and Sara.

"So we just stay here until what, you guys find the repairs we need and restock?" Lillithen questions.

"I could use the rest", Sara Jane says, sounding better from before but still weak.

"I could train you a little on how to use the force while we wait", Nitsua rests his eyes on her.

"Well I'm not staying on here like a child", an impatient Lillithen adds.
------------------------
------------------------
The group awaits the end of the summit, not allowed to enter with Kyreel.

They all wandered around trying to find something to do. The droid teamed up with some maintence personnel to help with wiring and terminal problems. The wookie relaxed in the shade, not dealing with the harsh weather. The Mandalorian crew decided to host a few fights between the sith troops and themselves. Meia left on her own to try and contact the Order, but didn't receive any word, she hasn't been informed by anyone what happened to Coruscant, being around the Sith her connection with the others isn't as strong so she doesn't know.
-----------------------
-----------------------
Tamos and Dacrott wait for Penalla to get done having opted out of the summit.

"I'm bored, there has never been anything fun on this planet", Dacrott walking with Tamos exclaims.

"Says you, the ruins here have a very interesting history and you never know what you'll find around the corner." Just as he ends the sentence and turns the corner, there seems to have been a fight between some troopers and Mandalorians. "Heh, see what I tell ya."
----------------------
----------------------
Brutas has been showing Danden around the academy that's being built. "Isn't this beautiful?"

"Yeah, it's great." Danden has been trying to bide his time waiting for an opportunity to leave.

"Well look what we got here, the criminal mastermind himself, Britton what are you doing here?" questions Brutas.

"Well, I believe I'm finally getting a chance to show what my people can do, without me, the Jedi council might still be living", he barely finishes his sentence before bursting out in laughter. He is soon followed by Brutas and Danden follows suit, not wanting to be questioned.
--------------
--------------
Meanwhile on Coruscant, Nelsin is rallying the republic to kick the Jedi off the planet. He doesn't want to kill them, but some leave him no choice. His speeches inspire many people to take up arms and force the remaining Jedi to find a new home.
-------------------
-------------------
Zeta is finally able to create a ship from crashed ones on the planets surface. "Inquiry: If I remove this and replace that?" A moment passes after he resets. "Finally, no longer have to be of primal programming." He leaves the planet with scenes of the local wildlife and environment in ruins and burning.

"You safe to leave without causing a s**t storm?" Xam asks Lillithen.

==

"Is there still going to be a ship for us to leave on if we leave them unattended?" Shab asks quietly in Kraven's ear.

==

Shkala and Kric share a look with each other. "Streets are streets." Shkala whispers.

"Always credits to be made."

Astra leans over the table towards them, they clearly hadn't realised anyone could hear them. "Perhaps you two should make yourselves more useful in procuring the parts we need." She suggests.

"You don't ever speak to me like that again", Lillithen walks off heading towards the entrance way.
----------------
"That man right there holds himself in the highest regard, unless something were to happen to him, this ship is grounded", Kraven nonchalantly whispers back.
---------

Xam mutters something about 'prissy little madams' but no one hears well enough to actually decipher it. Then got up to go after the woman to ensure that she didn't cause too much trouble.

==

"Yeah, and 'something happening' isn't that unlikely around us." Shab corrected, before heading to do a full diagnostic to know what she needed to fix and replace.

Lillithen makes it out the ship and takes a few steps before dropping to her knees and throws up over the side of the dock. “This is a mess”, she whispers to herself.
—————————
Kraven follows Shab. “Alright let’s see what’s wrong.” He follows her around and a thought hits him, “How would you know what’s wrong with this model of ship?”

Last edited by Taustin17 (2017-10-12 07:22:39)

"How about everything?" Shab suggested watching the monitor.

"We're heading out, want us to get your parts?" Kric asked.

"I thought you two never left Junkka before?" Shab asked.

Shkala shrugged. "A city is a city."

"In this case, a whole planet of underbelly." Shab corrected looking at the progress of the diagnostic. "All right, I'll send you a list when I have one."

==

Fraya had headed out of the ship and down a few levels, easily finding herself a dark cantina with a bounty office in it. She settled herself into the bounties, under the pretence of looking through the bounties, but really for the vid-call console.

Kraven looks at Shab and can see just how her mind is working, “You never answered, how you know what would be wrong with this ship.”
———————————
Lillithen is able to get to her feet before Xam finds her. “What do you want?”
———————————
Nitsua and Sara Jane are accompanied by Nei in the now empty cargo hold. “So this is where we will train, it’s a little rough”, points to the numerous blaster shots and other wounds, “it’ll look better after it’s fixed, but for now, this is our spot.”

"A ship is a ship, it has engines, shields, fire-power and navigation. The way they're all connected up might be different, but that's half the fun." Shab retorted. "Besides, have you forgotten how I earn half my credits? I'm a techie, I've worked on dozens of different classes of ships."

"Is there anything I can help with?" Astra asked, poking her head in.

"You know anything about flux capacitors?" Shab asked.

Astra looked blank and shook her head. "I'll go and see what Master Snivets is up to." She decided, heading back out again.

Kraven gave her a look. "If they don't know they're made up, I don't trust their help." Shab explained innocently. Before swearing in Ubese as the diagnostic results came in. "The shields are completely overloaded, we're going to have to swap out all of the power converters if we want them back properly. The engines are relatively salvageable, I can do it with a couple of by-passes, but if we can get the parts I'd rather do it properly. Guns will hold, navigation again will hold but I'd check that junction as it's pretty close to some damage. Everything else is just physical shorts and damage that we should be able to repair."

Shab paused as she gave Kraven time to absorb that. "Unless you want to check my work?" She teased.

==

"And what is it you plan for us to do?" Nei asked, turning as Astra joined them.

==========

"Nothing." Xam assured her calmly. "Just checking on the trouble you'll probably find."

He stood there paused, “Well she doesn’t know how to use the force, let alone decently.” He shifts his eyes towards Sara, “No offense.”

Sara gives a nod of understanding, not letting the actual truth get to her.
—————
“I’ll have you know, that I can stay to any shadow, especially here.” She glances at Xam. “Ever been here before?”
———
Kraven just lets her go on. “I won’t argue against you.”

Last edited by Taustin17 (2017-10-14 10:26:36)

It doesn't take Shab long to have sent a list of the parts she wants to Kric and Shkala. At which point she looks around to find what tools Kraven has stowed away - most of hers were on the Kipper, but she has a limited supply on her person - and get to work.

==

"Everyone starts somewhere, Master Snevets." Astra cuts in gently. "You'll get there, dear, it will simply take time, patience, determination and practise."

==========

"A couple of times, but they were never long visits." Xam replied. "And as this whole place is a shadow, you'll be doing well to not stay in a shadow." She paused looking around. "Unfortunately in a place like this when you don't, it has a habit of ending badly."

==

"You heard of most of these parts?" Shkala asked as she and Kric looked over the list, which included a couple of recommended suppliers.

Kric made a contemplative noise. "Most are things I recognise, just different makes or variations." They both looked around. "This place looks a lot like our home streets, but I'm wary that our usual discount methods might not work in our favour here."

Shkala shrugged. "Sweet talking hasn't failed yet."

==

(I haven't forgotten about Fraya, just need time)

Kraven is impressed with Shab, “How long have you been doing this?”
————
“We must find the best route for her to refine her abilities and be able to control them, and to not let emotion get involved.” Nitsua looks up to try and find the right training routine.
——————
“Care to accompany me then, better to travel with someone right?” Lillithen knowing that wondering off alone would probably end badly, she’s stubborn not stupid. Also there is something about Xam that makes her want to be near her.

Tamos and Dacrott wipe the floor with most Mandalorians, however they earned the right to fight Mandalore and a chosen ally. The man who has not left the mans side through out the tournament, just as they are about to fight a man comes from behind them and they stop in their tracks and their leader says something and walks away.

“Well, this will have to be done later”, Mandalore tells them, “I have a feeling it would have been glorious.”

The duo then looks annoyed, “Told you this place is boring, offered something great and I end up disappointed. Remind me to never listen to you again, ‘Master Tamos.’”

"At least as long as I owned the Kipper." Shab replied. "Gonna help or are you just keeping watch in case I blow your ship up?"

==

Xam shrugs. "Why not?" She pauses as she pretends to be considering something whilst really looking to see if someone is watching them. "Fancy trying to get some decent intel?" She suggests.

==

"Surely mediating, focusing the mind into peace, before focusing onto a crystal?" Astra suggested. "Or at least, it's a place to start, you do not have to stay on the path you start if it isn't going anywhere."

He starts checkong on the ship to, just to see if he can find anything she missed. After a few minutes of checking the major parts, he spots nothing of note.
————
“What kind of intel?” Lillithen questions Xam
—————
Nitsua agrees. Time flies by while they train and Sara is already showing sufficient knowledge of what she is being taught, like she was meant to be a Jedi.

Last edited by Taustin17 (2017-10-17 15:14:44)

"After the s**t we've been through recently?" Xam asks rhetorically. "Anything is useful."

==

Nei actually enjoys meditating, and has happily taken a seat on the floor in the corner to do so whilst Astra and Nitsua teach and coach Sara Jane.

"You've made good progress." Astra praised. "But perhaps we should take a break? It's a lot to absorb, perhaps a change of pace?" She paused. "How do you typically defend yourself?"

==

"Please?" Shkala asked sweetly, leaning over the counter.

"No discounts." The shop keeper replied firmly, though still taking a liberal view of what she was displaying in hope of a discount - or more rather in the hope that he didn't notice that behind her Kric was hacking the shop computer to apply a ten percent discount to their purchases.