Re: The Dark Unknown (rpg) Sign Up

Xam swears in more than one language as she picks up the scanner again. "Shab how tough is your suit?"

Shab frowns at the question as she finishes re-routing the power. "Why?"

Xam indicates that Shkala move to better cover Shab, the atmosphere not being the danger, it would make breathing a little more difficult, but not impossible. "Kraven's been hit with a dart, I can't tell if it's artificial of some sort of biological defence..." She added, finding the correct antidote and dosing Kraven with it.

"Is he ok?"

"He'll be fine." Xam assured her. "I'll even let you kick him a few times to make you feel better."

Shab finished up and started placing the panel back into place, as one of her motion sensors went off, and she ducked sharply as a blast went off above her head.

"I can't see anything!" Shkala shouted, her weapons raised as she tried to defend Shab. Who had lifted her head again to finishing replacing the panel, bashing it hard to fit into the now dented hole.

"There's nothing on sensors." Kric added.

Having finished with the panel Shab practically jumped back into the ship, grabbing Shkala with her to drag her back into the ship, before hurrying to a console to start the power up again, enabling her to also put the shields up. Everyone was quiet for a moment, and Shkala crept forward to look out of the hole now that they had some relative safety.

"How long till we can take off?" Xam asked quietly.

"I'd like to run a diagnostic or three first, but I'm tempted to take off now." Shab replied, equally quietly, carefully tapping at the console. "Power seems stable, but we came down hard, there's damage flagged up all over the system." She paused. "I don't trust the weapons to hold, but I think it's only the booster that's damaged on the engines. Shield grid isn't brilliant, it won't hold long."

"Get us out of here." Xam decided.

Shab nodded, and hurried to the pilot seat, but both women knew that what had been shooting them could well have followed them to the system. Or follow them off-planet.

==========

Nei quickly decides that Sara Jane is better with her than left on her own. She ushers the girl out after her, and quickly locates one of the old garages no one had managed to break into to loot. It wasn't difficult to use the force to open the doors to a selection of speeders. Nei helped Sara Jane onto one, channelling her force healing powers over the girl to try to stabilise her somewhat.

She easily started them up, and locked them to follow her own, as she climbed up onto the same one as Sara Jane to enable her to keep the girl upright. Then set off, homing in on Nitsua's comm. "Four empty speeders coming up, some'll have to share." She reported, as they were en route.

==========

Astra tilted her head as she heard engines in the distance. "I can hear them." She reported quietly, though strained as she was still keeping the shield up.

Hobby writer, here's my sci-fi;
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36579/endeavour

More blaster shots hit the ship. "Gleeful claim: I'm coming to kill you meatbags." The droid is seen from afar coming towards the vessel.
--------------
Nitsua waits for the speeders to come closer and he tells Astra to release the barrier. The vehicles rush in the area and Nitsua puts up the barrier. "Everyone get one, I'm going to release it and I'm going to force a hole."
---------------
The Executioner group waits as they heads towards the armada.

To be one with the force, you must be one with yourself.

It's Shab's turn to swear, luckily no one else understand Ubese enough to shout at her for what she said. "Who wants to shoot back!?" She calls, prompting Xam to send Shkala into one of the turrets as she makes an attempt to secure Kraven from the worst of the evasive manoeuvres that Shab is performing. He was not going to be pleased when he woke up, though she hadn't broken anything yet.

Kric was still watching the scanners, shouting warnings at Shab as the ship gained or anticipated some of her manoeuvres, and affirming when she was pulling away. "Shields are starting to buckle." Another Ubese curse was his reward.

After a few more twists and spins and nose dives Shab had been able to plot in a hyperspace course and have them still in one piece enough to make the journey. "Buckle down!" She warned as she flipped the switch to make the jump.

==========

Astra jumped, claiming a speeder, and Fraya jumped to join her moments later. "We can't stay on the surface, we won't lose them for long."

"Who has a ship?" Nei replied.

The ships comm starts to crackle, "Kraven, you there."

Shab looks up sharply when she hears the comm, the fact that Kraven hasn't started yelling at her for piloting his ship means that he's still out cold. She flips the comm switch as she swings around the planet, internally deliberating whether or not to pull into orbit. For now, hiding from any potential pursuer more important.

"Please confirm friendly, expecting sparrow code." Shab replied into the comm frequency, she was not taking chances on picking up one of Kraven's enemies, that was all they needed right now. Hopefully he still called friendly code words sparrow codes. She wouldn't be surprised if he changed that after their last adventure went south. Frankly she was amazed he even let her back on the ship rather than leaving her on Junkka.

==========

Nei reaffirms her hold on Sara Jane, the girl still feeling a little woozy. "We need to get safe soon!" Nei warned, chancing a glance over her shoulder.

Astra looked over her shoulder. "We've got some time yet." She analysed how far away they'd managed to get.

"There's only so long I can hold her onto the speeder." Nei warned, another wave of rejuvenating force into Sara Jane.

"What's a sparrow code?" Fraya asked, the only one paying attention to Nitsua's comm conversation.

"Who is this? And what are you doing on my ship?", he asks. "Told him not to gamble on Junkka", he whispers.

Shab chuckles. "He'd be dead if he had... Junkka got blown up." She replied, as Kric confirmed that he had nothing on the scanners. "Name's Shab, doubt you'll know of me. And you are?" Another pause. "And how do you plan on proving you're friend not foe?" She finished.

"Junkka got destroyed? Regardless, I'm Master Snivets of the Jedi, if you are receiving this, then you have my ship. Just look at the note that's with his credit supply."

Sara Jane slumps on her speeder, she stops Nei from helping, claiming that she just needs the rest for a moment.

"I don't have time for this", Nitsua then calls out the override code on the ship. "Does that stop your suspicions? I need you to come to Coruscant immediately."

"Technically that just proves you know about the ship." Shab taunts. "But I'll give you a chance." She figures that the likelihood of anyone but a friend getting Kraven's ship's codes are slim enough. "We're not far out, give me a landing space near your location and we'll meet you there."

Whilst waiting for a reply Shab mutes the comm on her end. "Xam, I need you to get a defence in place."

"Why?" Xam asks from the med bay, having been able to get help enough to get Kraven into it.

"We're getting more passengers, and I'm not sure if we can trust them."

"Yet you're willing to risk it." Xam pointed out.

"Claim to be friends of Kraven's, and they're either telling the truth, or really dangerous enemies."

"Got it." Xam confirmed, leaving Kraven where he was, nice and secured whilst the antidote worked it's wonders, and went to organise Shkala and Kric. So far they'd pulled their weight in fights, they just needed some guidance on best tactics. Other than that they'd been pretty quiet, and Xam was assuming that was because they were in unfamiliar territory after seeing their home destroyed.

Nitsua looks at Nei and Sara Jane, "I'm getting you out of here", he then goes back to the comm, "there is a port near us", he sends the coordinates.

"Brace for atmosphere re-entry." Shab warns, as she diverts towards Coruscant, not far from the planet she was using for cover in the same system. "Woah..." She breaths as she takes in the destruction on the surface as she heads for the landing zone provided.

"I detect five speeders heading towards the rendezvous." Kric reported in.

"What happened here?" Xam asked from her vantage point.

"The usual; nothing good." Shab replied unhappily. "Landing in 3.. 2... 1.. impact."

Nitsua and company make it to the landing zone, being able to spot out his ship. "Alright, we have a little time, I'm not sure who has the ship, says that their name is Shab, be prepared for anything."

Just as his final word came out as few blaster shots make there way to them.

"Would you please hurry up, I haven't had chance to make repairs yet - you interrupted that - and our shields aren't in brilliant nick." Shab cut through on the comm.

Xam had already had Shkala open the doors, even enough to load the speeders if necessary. She just also had the three of them so positioned that whilst they looked completely non-threatening, they could easily launch an offensive if their passengers tried something stupid.

But for now, they'd try friendly.

"Everyone get on now", he looks down the people as the blaster shots hit the ship, which he notices that more blaster shots have already hit. "Everyone move", he gets to the pilot seat. The ship just barely makes it out of the atmosphere and he sets course to anywhere.

Shab turned to her new copilot. "So, who are you?" Shab asks looking over at him. They were in hyperspace for now, so relatively safe, but she was hoping to be able to stop soon to make repairs, there was only so much she could do in flight.

==

Meanwhile Nei had taken Sara Jane to the med bay so she could get some rest, telling her to shout if she needed help or wanted company.

She returned to the communal room to find a frosty atmosphere at best. Xam turned to her calmly. "So, what happened to you since we parted ways?" She hadn't told Kric or Shkala to stand down yet - and they were doing well to not look like they were ready to attack if they needed to - as she wasn't sure about the new people with the three she recognised, and she knew there was one missing.

"I am the owner of this ship, Master Snivets", he looks at her and glares slightly, "Now who are you and where is my pilot?"
-----------------------------
Lillithen goes Astra, "Do you trust these people?" knowing well enough that even these two don't know each other all too much.
--------------
Sara Jane awakens to fall of the side of the med Bay and walks out to see a group of with troopers patrolling the ship, she is able to evade their sight by sticking to the shadows, a skill she learned at a young age when she would sneak off the farm. She slips by undetected to see the cock pit, it's locked, some troopers are yelling at the door, there is a little commotion on the other side, she thinks about clearing the way when a Sith Lord arrives and slashes the door and the pilot gets blasted on, she looks in horror as Kraven is obliterated. She hurriedly leaves the ship to see herself on a dessert planet with tombs on each side of her, only hearing stories but, able to make it out, she looks upon Korriban horrified as the two companions she has been with are fighting for their lives, as more and more Sith surround them, she lets out a scream, and all the fighters are blasted away to leave everyone looking back in shock, before she feels a pain in her chest. She looks down and sees a red light coming through her, she turns around to feel a hand on her shoulder and looks at the Sith Lord that was in the ship and is being pushed back and forth until, her eyes open in the med bay being slightly pushed by Kraven, "Hey girl, you're having bad dream, damn near woke me up to have a heart attack, are you alright?"

Shab scrutinises the man some, wondering what happened that Kraven hooked up with a Jedi Master. Instead she checked the auto-pilot then stood up and beckoned him after her so they could check on Kraven. "Shab Kyja." She introduced. "Kraven was in the med bay because he got poisoned or tranquillised or something. Luckily we were travelling with an expert in antidotes. He should be ok."

==

"About as much as I trust you." Astra replied curtly, adding a sweet smile almost as if it were an afterthought.

"We should do a head count and skill check." Fraya decided. "We need to know what we're capable of to decide what to do next."

"Based on previous experience; have a shouting match with our lovely Master Snivets." Xam chipped in with a healthy amount of optimistic sarcasm. "Assuming of course he deigns to listen to anything any one of us has to say."

"The Med Bay. Alright." He walks past the others to see Kraven. The door opens and Kraven is sitting next to Sara Jane who looks like death.

"Have you guys been to Korriban?", asks Kraven.

Sara Jane looks at Nitsua, "We must never go there."

"Was never planning on it." He tries to calm her. "Are you two able to move? I think we are going to have a meeting with our new crew mates", he says looking back towards Shab. "We need to make sure both sides won't kill each other."
--------------------------
"Look alive, we're here." The planet's surface looks battered and broken, but there is new life here, being reborn to strengthen. The group lands. "Welcome to Korriban, your new head quarters. I'll be meeting with Penalla soon."

Shab's attempt to look innocent is entirely ruined by her enviro-suit, but she follows them to the common area regardless, and everyone looks up as the four of them enter.

"Well isn't this a little rag-tag bunch." Xam observes with a grin, wondering just how many of them will have been entirely influenced by her natural pheromones. She wasn't trying to control them, yet, but it never hurt to have a back-up if things went wrong.

Shab perched on the edge of a control panel, careful not to hit anything important. "First things first, we need to find a save haven so we can make proper repairs. Second, we need to know who we all are so we can do that without anyone getting hurt."

"I fear if I start I'll put everyone on edge." Xam agreed.

Shab glared at the woman. "Guess I'll start then. I'm Shab, mercenary, pilot and general techie. That's Xam, she can patch you up as easily as she can tear you down. Play nice."

"I always play nice." Xam objected with an almost devilish grin.

There was a brief silence as everyone tried to make sense of those two. "I'm Shkala, and this is Kric." Shkala spoke up, figuring that right now it made most sense to stick with what the ones they'd known longest were doing. "We can blast or hack through anything you need to."

"Nei, padawan, healer. I briefly hitched a ride on this ship so I know a few of you already." Nei added.

"Fraya and I are Jedi Masters, we've been helping with the relief effort since the bombings started." Astra explained, figuring that she'd probably come across better than Fraya, she had lots of respect for Fraya, but people skills were not her strong suit. "I did have a ship on Coruscant, I don't know what state it's in or if it's even still there, but it might come in useful later."

"I am Jedi Master Nitsua Snivets, owner of this ship, defender of the galaxy, one of the orders best duelists and force users, and generally good in all areas."

"Pilot, drug target, and that's all you need to know, by the way anyone else smell something weird?"

Sara Jane scans the group, "Farmer, refugee, scared..."

"Ex-bodyguard, ex-Jedi, and ex-citizen of Coruscant. Im good at keeping you safe from pretty much anything except a shot from a sith destroyer ship," she says trying to hide humor from her still lent up rage and sorrow, also noticing a different aroma.