Re: Politics......

George is a politician so natrually, his entire powerbase is built on lies. The USA PATRIOT Act was little more then a way to increase his foreign influence and his only comendable domestic policies were his tax cuts. Then again, I don't care much for republicanism. And as for the Texas election race, I'm suprised Friedman has gotten as far as he has. I'm hoping Chris bell wins myself.

But who listens to newbs like me anyway?

lol

Your opinion would count as a vote towards a party who may need all the votes they can get big_smile

There will always be Sith, as long as the Jedi remain.
When there is peace, prepare for war.

Well, I don't feel that Fascism is the way to go. Look what it did to the world in World War II.

Anyway, I'm not sure why the Americans voted in George Bush, but I can clearly say that Tony Blair was voted in WAY before Iraq and Afghanistan started. We voted him in because he had a lot of great policies, and had good ideas to fix up Britain. He was going to give our health services more funding, and the education and police better funding.

Unfortunately, the Health services have declined, and have had more money taken out. The Education minister he appointed screwed up schools, and too many kids aren't learning right, and the police is the only thing he's actually done something for. Our police are very good, but unfortunately, that's the only thing he's done well.

He didn't have a policy on Iraq or Afghanistan because we voted when there was no war.

Blair has always said he thought he was doing the right thing for Britain. Everyone's been trying to get him to say he did it for money or something, but he still says even from the very beggining that he did what he thought was best. I personally feel he's telling the truth, but the US tricked him into thinking that way. There are small bits of evidence that GWB somehow got him to believe they were doing right, but I don't know.

The point is, he's really been an alright Prime Minister. If he hadn't gone to war, he'd probably have a good reputation.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa141/ehm1883/untitled2.png

Ah, politics.

George Bush's stance on the "War in Iraq", how he reacted to it and how he's handled it so far, has been the source of his criticism for years now. Yet I actually support his decision to move into Iraq. Had he gone defensive against the terrorists would have been a fatal mistake, and that he was willing to take acton and drive the battle the them shows his determination in the face of a problem.

As for his in-country policies, well, they haven't been the most shining example. Still, as a President, I think to call him anything less than a good one, if not a great one, would be clouded judgement. Most Presidents were criticized during their office terms anyway. Once he's been booted and we have the next guy to insult, he'll be commended.

Everyone wants to go to Heaven.
No one wants to die.

FDR is never criticized

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa141/ehm1883/untitled2.png