Topic: Does Anyone Have A Penpal?

I like having a penpal. I have one. Does anyone else have it?

Re: Does Anyone Have A Penpal?

I used to back in 3rd grade. It was pretty cool. I had a penpal in New Zeland (sorry if I misspelled that) and it was awsome.

"Semper Paratus"
"Attero Totus Sanctus"
"Silently this one moves amongst the helpless and the oppressed."
"Nosferatu - Carpe Noctem"
"Fraternitas furvus occido"

Maybe with the invention of the internet and the success it had, emails were the new way of messaging people, like now we are talking even though we are half the globe away from each other.

There will always be Sith, as long as the Jedi remain.
When there is peace, prepare for war.

Yes, the internet has really opened new doorways, like all of us being able to talk to each other, like Matar said. But it also destroys some of the physical social interaction between people. One of my teachers told me that you can live comfortably without ever leaving your home. You can shop for just about anything online anymore. Shop, pay bills, send mail, etc. So is the internet really that much of a good thing?

"Semper Paratus"
"Attero Totus Sanctus"

Yeah there's a debate about whether the high streets will last anymore what with everyone doing their shopping online. In my opinion I wouldn't miss the high streets, but for culture and society on a whole, it will be a big miss.

There will always be Sith, as long as the Jedi remain.
When there is peace, prepare for war.

I think that human interaction is a big part of everyday life. I think that if humans no longer had to interact with each other, things would turn off rather badly.

"Semper Paratus"
"Attero Totus Sanctus"

Matar,May 17 2006, 03:36 PM wrote:

Yeah there's a debate about whether the high streets will last anymore what with everyone doing their shopping online. In my opinion I wouldn't miss the high streets, but for culture and society on a whole, it will be a big miss.

I think it is stupid to do shopping over the net. It is most for entertainment.

Yeah I agree. I do understand though how some things you need to buy online, because you don't have access to them in your general area.

"Semper Paratus"
"Attero Totus Sanctus"