Topic: Moderator Tryouts Available

PM me if you are interested with the following information.

1. Why do you want to be a moderator?
2. If you were to become a moderator, which forum would you like to moderate? Choose only one forum since this is only a tryout.

HTML & IBF code in signatures are disabled wink.

Re: Moderator Tryouts Available

i dont really get it...1 forum? I would like to be a mod like back on bastilashan.com Revan, that was cool.

That is called a global moderator or for short a G-Mod. An actual moderator at most sites are responsible for one to a few boards.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg

i wasnt global mod at BS. I was a Mod, but i was apart of "The Jedi Council". We had access to a secret forum, and we moderated about 15 forums. It was cool. and the first staff experience i had.

How many forums were on that site?

- Mitch Hedberg

a few less than this one i think. i cant really remember. we moderated most of them, bar news and announcements and the secret forum.

A secret forum? I can neither confirm nor deny that statement big_smile j/k.

lol, well, you were away most of the time it was being used...so yeah... anyway, can you please answer my pm Revan?

I sent you a reply.

(PMED)
*answer wanted wink*

"Fraternitas Furvus Occido"
Resurrect, and you shall find... peace.

never was a leader...moderating seems a little...stupid.

Do not fear death. Death is all around us. If we show fear it jumps at us faster than lighting, but, if we do not show fear, it casts it's eye upon us gently and guides us slowly into infinity.

Why? Moderating is fun. You can tell people what to do in a forum. Its the best. Moderating the old site while Revan was away was the coolest.

I don't think having to tell people what to do should be the best part of being a moderator. It's actually the worst part imho, since that means those people are posting incorrectly or breaking rules. I found helping people to be the best part of being a moderator. I had been a moderator on one site in the past for 5 years tongue. It had over 20,000 members and trust me, having to tell people constantly that they are breaking a rule is not fun!

I've been a mod on two boards at one site for years, and at another I was G-mod and then eventually admin. Then the two sites were combined, soo...now I'm still just those two mods.

- Mitch Hedberg

Revan[Admin wrote:

,Apr 25 2006, 10:23 PM] I don't think having to tell people what to do should be the best part of being a moderator. It's actually the worst part imho, since that means those people are posting incorrectly or breaking rules. I found helping people to be the best part of being a moderator. I had been a moderator on one site in the past for 5 years tongue. It had over 20,000 members and trust me, having to tell people constantly that they are breaking a rule is not fun!

Yeah, but when we became mods at BS, we were all itching for someone to break a rules, so we could BAN them lol. After Revan went away, all hell broke loose. And it was hell moderating those forums. But we did well. Me and Sillious (Vilxan)

Being a mod though kinda makes coming on this site a duty. I think the fun would go out of posting, and into bullying people cause u have the power.

There will always be Sith, as long as the Jedi remain.
When there is peace, prepare for war.

This site really isn't the type that you would need to be on alert at all times. Being a mod wouldn't be that drastic of a difference.

- Mitch Hedberg

So far it really isn't that different. You just have a few more responsibilites. I also agree with Revan. Telling people what to do is probably the worst part of moderating. Being a mod is fun, I just can't decide what the best part is.

"Semper Paratus"
"Attero Totus Sanctus"
"Silently this one moves amongst the helpless and the oppressed."
"Nosferatu - Carpe Noctem"
"Fraternitas furvus occido"

Best part is probably the respect you get, especially from new members who joined after you became mod. They think you are like a go or something.

- Mitch Hedberg

Thats what i thought when we were mods. Until the site went downhill...then people just yelled at us for doing the right thing, and banning people for breaking rules...come to think of it, being a Modertor sucks! Being an Admin is much better...