Topic: Desire And Force

it just occured to me that Sith crawl with desire. why is that? Why do that crave to be higher than everyone and more powerful?? What does it give them?? Are they trying to heal the wound that does not scab???

But what is it with the Jedi?? Pledging to heal the wounded, free the captive, and bring peace to the Galaxy?? When really it comes to war and Death. then that stupid Jedi Code phrase- There is no Death, there is the Force. what does that mean?? that the Force doesn't cause Death??/ haha w/e it just causes Death to the EXTREME!!

i just don't get it.

"Come to the Darkside, we also have 1% milk."

"We kill because it's just." -Darovit.

"[size=14]<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I don&#39;t understand, Master Vodo

Re: Desire And Force

I&#39;ll try to explain:
The Jedi belive that when they die(Jedis that are one with the Force) they go back to it, becouse it&#39;s the creator of life. They do good becouse they belive that doing one bad thing will lead you on a path that you must continue on. The Dark side of the Force.
As for the Sith, their desire is Power. They can never have enough. They will do anything for it. Once they have a taste of it, they become addicted. The crave to be higher that anyone is very connected to the addiction, becouse to be higher than someone, in their eyes, is to be more powerfull than him, though the Jedi value wisdom above power.
That is why there is allways war. Becouse to have power, you must have kwnolage. Both the Jedi and the Sith see that, and try to obtain the kwnolage, though in different ways. The Sith violently, the Jedi less so. Becouse the Jedi belive in peace, they will allways confront the Sith. They just can&#39;t leave well enough alone. They fell the need to fight for those who cant fight for themselfs, eaven if, somethimes, they were better of without the interferance of the Jedi.
I hope that cleared it up, and not just made a mess in your head. If it did, sorry.

When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it.[I]

good summary drake

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n264/Schwartee93/atrox1.jpg

yeah i completely understand you bud. but did i make any sense.????

"We kill because it&#39;s just." -Darovit.

"[size=14]<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I don&#39;t understand, Master Vodo

Thanks, guys.
Yeah, you made sense, and you asked the right question. I was just afraid that you didn&#39;t understand me. It happens somethimes. I think faster than I can speak, so I tend to mumble.

When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it.[I]

did i really ask the right question??

yeah Atrian. The problem with the Jedi and their connection to the force is two fold. First, it&#39;s a story and the writers can do whatever they want with it. lol. but the second, to take the theory more seriously, they haven&#39;t come up with an alternative to combat the darkside.

For instance, the key element to falling to the darkside is always shown as hatred. So the Jedi warn against hatred, but fail to replace it with anything. They simply tell their students to let go of their emotions and clear their minds. (This is drawn from Eastern mysticism by the writers) The problem is, this doesn&#39;t combat the power of hate; it is a neutral position, not an opposite possition. The best weapon against hate is love. This is summed up in Christianity quite distinctly in 1 Corinthians 13:13 "Now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."

I&#39;m not sayin that they should all be like the 60s and 70s bunch, "make love not war". but by telling their students to reject hatred, and then turning around and saying not to love either, they open a void that must be filled, and hatred is easier than love.

I Am Jedi
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6228/lsmu.jpg

Yeah, thats a good thought. They opened the dor for the dark side that they cannot close, they themselfs are partly responsible that so many students turn to the dark side.

yeah good thought LSM. and haha i know it is just a story and was written and what not. but if it was real then it would be way different

How do you know it&#39;s just a story?

haha very good point drake. haha i heard that they have already constructed a lightsaber but can&#39;t stop the beam from going as far as it does.

it&#39;s basically just a strong laser anyway.
It&#39;s just a story cause in real life a lot of that stuff wouldn&#39;t work.

I Am Jedi

But what if it&#39;s all real, just in a galaxy far, far away? I realy don&#39;t belive we&#39;re alone in the universe.

dude neither do i. haha i know there are different life forms out there.

i dunno. depends a lot on one&#39;s religious convictions also.

I Am Jedi

Please don&#39;t mix religion and science. It&#39;s simple, we CANNOT be alone in the universe, it is much too big for that.

there definitely has to be something out there. that watches us everyday and tries to comprehend what we do so they can be just like us. it&#39;s a mystery but it is worth solving.  B)

it depends. if you believe in evolution, then it&#39;s definitely possible. if you believe in the creation account of the Bible, then earth is unique and no other planet supports life. that&#39;s where the religion part comes in. it all starts with a person&#39;s basic assumptions, what they believe is true.

and, by the way, science and religion are intermingled to start with. people interpret science based on their religious convictions. An atheist will interpret scientific findings based on his belief that there is no God. A Christian will interpret the same findings based on his belief that there is a God. no one is "unbiased" B)

I Am Jedi

They have proven that Mars once had water and have found fossils of organisms. I to believe that we are not alone in the Universe and throughout history there are tales of visitors from other worlds.

http://imageshack.us/a/img26/9664/newjestersigfinal.jpg

Yeah, there&#39;s got to b something in the old stories.
I don&#39;t like religion becouse it held us back for a thousand years. I mean, we found out something the Ancient Greeks new 5 centuries BC, in the 18th AD.
That&#39;s why I support polytheisam.