Re: The Ending

Its a game man, who cares about if its damage is inaccurate or whatever. I enjoyed it and it could of been better, but every game has their flaws. I was happy with both kotor 1 and 2, and cant complain.

I would only complain if I could make a better game, which I can no where near do. big_smile

There will always be Sith, as long as the Jedi remain.
When there is peace, prepare for war.

by tripling base damage and making to hit rolls the most important, you have a game of chance rather than skill. Who hits the right number first...who knows. If it were that way I would probably not play the game. Would you might want to consider is the way they are making oblivion in the respect were you have comlete control over your defensive tactics. Which is exactly what the whole fight between dooku and yoda was like.

Do not fear death. Death is all around us. If we show fear it jumps at us faster than lighting, but, if we do not show fear, it casts it's eye upon us gently and guides us slowly into infinity.

To be perfecting honest I disliked the ending of KOTOR 2 because with a KOTOR i felt I gained something from completing the game, a reward to see all my comrades together and in the dark side rewarded by seeing them bow down to me, with KOTOR 2 I ws like huh is that it 40 hours for that? <_<

Yeah thats pretty much how I felt. Maybe our expectations were too high due to kotor 1&#39;s success.

There will always be Sith, as long as the Jedi remain.
When there is peace, prepare for war.

Frankly, my expectations were high, because I thought sequels should improve and progress, this just..didn&#39;t. And aren&#39;t the graphics supposed to improve as well? Like Halo games, which improved vastly, the graphics weren&#39;t too impressive on KOTOR 2.

bojanb,Mar 14 2006, 01:15 AM wrote:

IMHO TSL is far better game than KOTOR I.&nbsp; lol I&#39;m not into canons and stories

The stories and interaction are what make KotOR so great. Withuot the storyline, KotOR would just be a long, boring game, with a crappy fighting system. The fighting system is good if you like strategic fighting, but if you like the game for its fighting, then I am not really sure what ou see in it. (This is not directed towards you, by the way. Just in general.)

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg

I don&#39;t disagree on the fact of endings. I like both for there own qualities. Kotor 2 was a different game than Kotor 1. I don&#39;t even relate them anymore because of the approach on each. I defend both strongly.

Do not fear death. Death is all around us. If we show fear it jumps at us faster than lighting, but, if we do not show fear, it casts it&#39;s eye upon us gently and guides us slowly into infinity.

hey yall im new here but i was accually confused by kotor II endin.........after i took out the ravager carth onasi and bastila shan visited me in the tsf station and asked me to, if i ever find revan, tell him that carth is fololowing his orders.....but i never got the chance cuz i had to go straight to malachore and then the ebon hawk fell into the greenish pit of ouch and i threw krie off a cliff and then the camera zoomed out of a hole over the "throne" and it ended.....so what hapened im soooo confused.....can yall help me get the grasp of it?

no matter who call them selves jedi, the sith will conquer. Everything wants, hurts, and loves...it is a way of life, and a way of the sith.

The ending was that of a book. Basically, if you are darkside, you claim the throne of the sith lord and that&#39;s it. However, if you were lightside, then you go off to find Revan in the unkown regions of space.

Do not fear death. Death is all around us. If we show fear it jumps at us faster than lighting, but, if we do not show fear, it casts it&#39;s eye upon us gently and guides us slowly into infinity.

ohhhh thanks&#33;
well ya i thought they could have played that out alot better....i mean you dont know what happens with all ur buddys and everthing so i was disappointed

no matter who call them selves jedi, the sith will conquer. Everything wants, hurts, and loves...it is a way of life, and a way of the sith.

personally, I think that showing the endings for the characters is irrelevant and depreciating. If you talked to Kreia at the end instead of killing her, you get a little treat: A look into the future. She tells everyones future, including Mandalore&#39;s.

If you like to no what happened when the Beep-boop droid activated the last power node on the ship and GO-TO came. HK-47 actually comes there and stops GO-TO from stopping the mass-shadow generator but was cut from the game becuase building HK was a side quest and not everybody would do it.

I think that in retrospect, because the actual existence of a third game is up for grabs, the cliffhanger ending of KOTOR2 now seems to ring very hollow.

(not to mention that it did feel rushed anyhow).

I also think that having an enthralling story counts for alot. And while part 2 was alot more user friendly, (container: empty)  for example, I still prefer the first game as it had much more engaging characters/story. And as a result, when the ending did come it was much more satisfying. (Just like the exploding Death Star in EP4).

The ending for KOTOR 2 was great because when they make KOTOR 3 it will pick up from where it left off. In KOTOR 2 you have three endings to choice from you can either blow up the planet, take over the academy on the planet or you can choice not to blow up the planet and leave the planet with your crew.

KOTOR 1- I give it 10/10

KOTOR 2- I give it 10/10

http://imageshack.us/a/img26/9664/newjestersigfinal.jpg

The ending was really a let down for this game. A lot of Lucas Arts games are like that. It&#39;s like the writers are trying to figure out how to make the most disappointing games ever. I think the only ones that really nailed the endings were SW KOTOR I and SW Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. Republic Commando was the worst by far of any game I&#39;ve played. You play through the whole game with this squad, then have to leave Sev behind to the mercy of the droids just cause Yoda wants you to do his grunt work for him?&#33; Give me a break&#33; but I digress........

KOTOR II was disappointing because all it did was show the ship leaving. I can get the whole going to find Revan thing. That was fine. But you didn&#39;t get to close out the story with the other characters like you did in KOTOR I. Even if you had to leave them behind to follow Revan, at least give the gamers a chance to end it their way&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; that was my big problem with the ending (that and none of the character relationships reached a real conclusion&#33;).

I Am Jedi
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6228/lsmu.jpg

The endings must be the most powerful part in the game.
but some endings are definately Horrible. :angry:
:angry:

bbcode

Agreed. There are some that end but don&#39;t end. Like you see Mira wandering around on Malachor V (lightside) and she kicks the crap outta that sick wookie, but then you never she her again. So like, did she get back to the Ebon Hawk, did she follow the Exile,.........?&#33; And what&#39;s with Visas?&#33; she was possibly my favorite character and she asks to she you through the force and then you never get another word outta her?&#33;

I Am Jedi
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6228/lsmu.jpg